SRT 10 Quad cab

haynss

Me and a couple buddies went to Dodge about 30 minutes ago. We test drove the SRT10 quad cab. That thing is nice!! I love the interior, black leather with suade.

So funny thing is the guy was like oh do you want to test drive this, i was like nah i have to get back to work. then i talked with my buddies and they were like sure why not. so we get to a point where the dealer switches seats with me so i can "feel" her out. I spin the wheels a little bit :devil: and just haul ass down the road. We just pass the dodge dealership when *cough cough* we run out of gas :lol:

So my buddies and I get out and walk (1/4 mile) back to the dealership with the truck and dealer in the middle of the road with no gas.

As for the ride, it didnt pull as hard as i thought, or maybe its cause my SS has a little whistle in it :devil:

*tomorrow we are thinking CTS-V. my buddy never drove one so he can do it then, or GTO...we'll see

A Viper engine inna Quad Cab makes as much sense as tits onna boar hog. I think DC has lost it's corporate mind with this 4 door fiasco. Jurgen ought'a get outta Stuttgart more often.

You know how many people say that very same thing about the extended SS. Dodge's Quad cab isn't much longer than our extended!!!

Me and a couple buddies went to Dodge about 30 minutes ago.  We test drove the SRT10 quad cab.  That thing is nice!!  I love the interior, black leather with suade.

So funny thing is the guy was like oh do you want to test drive this, i was like nah i have to get back to work.  then i talked with my buddies and they were like sure why not.  so we get to a point where the dealer switches seats with me so i can "feel" her out.  I spin the wheels a little bit  :devil: and just haul ass down the road.  We just pass the dodge dealership when *cough cough* we run out of gas :lol:

So my buddies and I get out and walk (1/4 mile) back to the dealership with the truck and dealer in the middle of the road with no gas. 

As for the ride, it didnt pull as hard as i thought, or maybe its cause my SS has a little whistle in it  :devil:

*tomorrow we are thinking CTS-V.  my buddy never drove one so he can do it then, or GTO...we'll see

I took a GTO out for a test last week when I dropped my truck off for service. I had the salesguy holding on to anything he could find with his feet planted firmly on the floorboard. :thumbs: It was fun.

When we got back he asks "so, do you want to buy one?" I said "no, just wanted to drive it." <--The crazy asses want $39k for a GTO up here... :eek:

Man I hate that dealers leave the tanks so low. I've been out for a few test drives and look down at the gauge :eek: it ruins the whole test drive cause I have to baby it back. "So my buddies and I get out and walk (1/4 mile) back to the dealership with the truck and dealer in the middle of the road with no gas." :crackup: I bet that dealer will pay closer attention to the level of the tanks

As for a Viper motor in a Quad Cab, cheers to chrysler :cheers: job well done. The bigger the motor the better.

If the SS had a 8.1L as mean as this one, I would have to suck it up and buy an extended cab SS

http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/stories/gmtoys/toys3.html

We ran out of gas in a brand new 1980 Camaro way back when. We walked back to the dealership, a FORTY-FIVE MINUTE WALK!!!!!!!

(Remember, this was before even the BIG cell phones!)

I hear the QC SRT10s are giving the reg cabs a run for their money often, more wight, but better traction and no 6 speed manual tranmission with a truck gearshift to deal with....

Too much $$$$$$$ for a family vehicle for THIS cowboy, but I think they are pretty darned nice trucks!

I checked out the QC on the web last night and was pretty impressed. The truck looks awesome, too bad the base price for the QC was like $50K :banghead: . Why pay that much when I can get a new vette for around the same price. Also they didn't have th SRT-10 in blue. I would probably have to go with black but the red one looked nice too. I hate to admit it but I was drooling over that dodge. :cool:

the only problem i had with the quad cab was they wanted 62,000, yeah 62,000. what the hell??? i still love that interior! In a couple years, ill be going to red/black leather with suade on the interior.

:lol:

so i just got back from test driving the 04 GTO. that thing is sweet!! the best part is the interior, red and black, ok maybe not the best. Me and my buddy would have done the 05 but they didnt have any in :(

anyhow we took that thing for a go! pretty sweet a little too much body roll on some turns @100 but its cool. The dealer was cool too, when we left the lot he was up to 80 stop light to stop light.

next week we are thinking of either of these:

1) Ford GT

2) subaru STI

3) mitsubishi Evo

4) Caddy CTS/STS - V

5) E55 AMG - I doubt this might happen

good times!!! and all at lunch :D

well went and looked at an srt10 today.found a yellow one brand new for 47000 out the door and yes it is a quad cab.they are pretty quick. i must admit it looks nice in person.the yellow is an 2500 dollar option like they dont cost enough as it is. im selling my ss might buy one at the end of the year.a blowen ss might have a chance to beat it but highly unlikely but the srt is alittle pricey might wait for a left over .

Archived