Going to the track 5-15-05

11SECSS

Well I'll be heading to my local track on sunday to see what my new SS will turn in bone stock trim with about 150 miles on it .Anyone would like to take a geuss at what kind of times I'll turn hoping for some 15.0's.

Well i made it to the track only to find out they where going to run 1/8 mile because of a chance of rain well I got one pass in before the rain storm and ran a :

9.74 @71mph with a 2.17 60 ft going back friday night for a 1/4 pass before doing any mods would have been about a 14.8 -15.0 unless these truck dont pull up top but felt like it was still pulling but will have to wait 4 days. :ughdance:

Well i made it to the track only to find out they where going to run 1/8 mile because of a chance of rain well I got one pass in before the rain storm and ran a :

9.74 @71mph with a 2.17 60 ft  going back friday night for a 1/4 pass before doing any mods would have been about a 14.8 -15.0 unless these truck dont pull up top but felt like it was still pulling but will have to wait 4 days. :ughdance:

my 15.24 et was with a 9.683 60', so i would say that would put you in a 15.3-15.4. Right where Zippy said you would be!

pretty shitty 60' for awd... i do close to that with my peg leg.

is a 2.1xx a normal 60' for awd ss?

yeah, it's not a traction issue with the SS. it's simply trying to get that much weight moving. a vho in stock form isn't going to spin on a prepped track. getting much better than a 2.1 60' with a stock converter in an SS is damn difficult unless you have a power adder.

yeah, it's not a traction issue with the SS. it's simply trying to get that much weight moving. a vho in stock form isn't going to spin on a prepped track. getting much better than a 2.1 60' with a stock converter in an SS is damn difficult unless you have a power adder.

hmm for having 345 hp like the hemi's you'd think they'd move a bit faster off the line. with wheel spin i'm turning similar 60'.....

I'll get better just not use to the throttle by wire responce yet and didn'y know how the truck would react at the track. plus with only 113 miles on the truck I'm sure thiers more in it .Well see this friday night if the rain stays away and now I have almost 500 miles on it and getting use to it .

hmm for having 345 hp like the hemi's you'd think they'd move a bit faster off the line. with wheel spin i'm turning similar 60'.....

true, but to compare you'd have to compare the 60' time of an extended cab 4wd hemi launching in 4wd. on a stock ss the awd just slow's the 60' times down instead of helping it.

true, but to compare you'd have to compare the 60' time of an extended cab 4wd hemi launching in 4wd. on a stock ss the awd just slow's the 60' times down instead of helping it.

:withstupid: Depending on your model Laramie, ST, or SLT you are anywhere between 600 - 1000 pounds lighter and don't have the power robbing all wheel drive. I mean like zippy said you are pullin a 5500 pound vehicle out of the whole with a really soft converter. My best is a 14.4 @ 93.5 and that was with a 2.1 on the stock TC. I am looking to get the Trail Blazer converter as well as the Zippy shift kit to lower the 60' times and pick up a little in the quarter. The only thing tha the AWD is good for is us white powder peoples ;)

Archived