GMS for everyone in June

backinblack

Just wanted to everyone know, just announced pubicly today, GMS pricing will be available to everyone through the month of June. If you've been thinking about a new GM vehicle and don't already get GMS this is the time to buy.

Are there gonna be any other deals this month besides GMS? I already ordered my truck and plan to finance thru GMAC when it arrives this month and am wondering if the APR is gonna change mid month like it did in May? Or are there gonna be any special cash incentives offered that can be combined with GMAC financing like the Hot Button Bonus Cash from last month?

The way I understand it from my sales friends is that GMS is the price that the dealer paid GM for the vehicle(or was billed)not including destination charges or taxes and fees that vary from area to area.Pdi fees are something that is added by the dealer and the tire taxes are FEDERALLY mandated,so you can't beat that one,here in Indiana its 1.25 per tire=6.25(remember the spare!!)

The way I understand it from my sales friends is that GMS is the price that the dealer paid GM for the vehicle(or was billed)not including destination charges or taxes and fees that vary from area to area.Pdi fees are something that is added by the dealer and the tire taxes are FEDERALLY mandated,so you can't beat that one,here in Indiana its 1.25 per tire=6.25(remember the spare!!)

that's not exactly the case GMS is a percentage discount from the dealers invoice amount. You should not be charged anything (or at least not pay anything) for PDI GM pays the dealer to do that.

Can you imagine what this will do to the value of our '03s and '04s? I priced an 05 SS at GMS and it was $30,950. That's only a few thousand more than my '03 was worth a few days ago. The bottom will fall out of trade in values. This GMS sale doesn't sound like a good thing.

Can you imagine what this will do to the value of our '03s and '04s?  I priced an 05 SS at GMS and it was $30,950.  That's only a few thousand more than my '03 was worth a few days ago.  The bottom will fall out of trade in values.  This GMS sale doesn't sound like a good thing.

That is an approximate value for a base AWD model. I bought my '04 with GMS last year for $32.5K. The actual GMS price will depend on the trim level.

This sale shouldn't do much to lower the resale value of the trucks since all of the rating companies use the MSRP for their numbers.

So, we're ok. :thumbs:

from the chevy website:

Chevrolet Employee Discount Price for 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS

(Select a different vehicle)

Selected Style: Extended Cab Standard Box AWD SS

MSRP: $39,590.00

Chevrolet Employee Discount Price: (approx.) $30,743.30 †(Details)

(after applicable incentives

and as a comparison:

GMC Employee Discount Price for 2005 GMC Sierra Denali

(Select a different vehicle)

Selected Style: Crew Cab Standard Box AWD AWD Crew Cab Short Box Denali

MSRP: $42,890.00

GMC Employee Discount Price: (approx.) $33,444.23 †(Details)

(after applicable incentives)

Archived