2 wheel drive ss

bigvette

Quick question for you guys who have got 2WD's. I've been wanting to pick one up, but I was told by one dealer that they could only order it as an '06 Model, so I didn't think the GM discount would apply. Are your's '05 or '06 models? Cause if it doesn't matter then I'm heading to the dealership right now.

The '05 has a 2wd option.  The dealer was feeding you a line of BS.

However, they are getting close to (or have already eclipsed) the 05 ordering cut off.

Cool, I'm going to head down tomorrow, and see what I can do. Maybe try and talk them into giving the discount for an '06 if they've hit the cut off. :fingersx:

The grille & hood change for '06. Look at the Earnhardt truck and make sure you like it. It's a big ol' HD hood for some reason. Doubt you'll get the discount, it is designed to move the '05's off the lot. If your dealer doesn't have an '05 2WD SS, have them do a regional search, they can probably do a dealer trade for you...

Not to hyjack... but i'm not sure if i could go back to 2wd. I've really gotten user to not having to compensate around couners to prevent fishtailing. I miss burnouts, but the drivablity of AWD is so much better IMO

The grille & hood change for '06.  Look at the Earnhardt truck and make sure you like it.  It's a big ol' HD hood for some reason.  Doubt you'll get the discount, it is designed to move the '05's off the lot.  If your dealer doesn't have an '05 2WD SS, have them do a regional search, they can probably do a dealer trade for you...

Don't have to worry about the grille and hood now. Just got off the phone with a dealer and he's got just what I'm looking (2WD Black SS w/Leather interior) at a different store. He said all I gotta do is give him a deposit so he knows I'm serious, and he'll have it for me in a day or two. Priced at $27k with the GM discount. I'll try and see if I can get him to go lower or give it to me out the door at $27k though, but if not it's still not a bad deal I think.

The grille & hood change for '06.  Look at the Earnhardt truck and make sure you like it.  It's a big ol' HD hood for some reason.  Doubt you'll get the discount, it is designed to move the '05's off the lot.  If your dealer doesn't have an '05 2WD SS, have them do a regional search, they can probably do a dealer trade for you...

Don't have to worry about the grille and hood now. Just got off the phone with a dealer and he's got just what I'm looking (2WD Black SS w/Leather interior) at a different store. He said all I gotta do is give him a deposit so he knows I'm serious, and he'll have it for me in a day or two. Priced at $27k with the GM discount. I'll try and see if I can get him to go lower or give it to me out the door at $27k though, but if not it's still not a bad deal I think.

sounds like a reall good deal to me

BORED AT WORK!!!

Back to the weight difference between 2WD&AWD - got the curb weights from Chevy web site/using extended cab 1500.

-Weight- (difference of 391lbs)

4X4 – 5008lbs

2WD – 4617lbs

-HP to weight ratio-(assuming 345HP)

4X4 - .06889 (345 / 5008)

2WD - .07472 (345 / 4617)

So…if you want the same HP/WT ratio in 4x4 as the 2WD, you’d need 374HP to achieve this (.07472 X 5008). That’s an additional 29 ponies…not bad.

What’s all this mean??? Simple, lighter is faster!! Goes back to the days when NASCAR drives would open “trap-doors” to allow be-bees to pour from their frame rails as the green flag drops…passing the strict weight limit, but racing a little lighter. Or when Outlaw (sprint car) builders opt for the hollow-titanium bolts instead of Grade-8 steel, just to save a few pounds…talk about HP/WT ratio…try 800HP to 1400lbs (quick math…that’s your truck having 2,861HP)!! So, the next time you and your buddy are sitting at B.K. drive through…maybe you should get him the salad!!

I picked mine up the 15th of June. I have already put 1200 miles on it. Feels pretty good but I am really dissapointed in the 1-2 shift. Also when it shifts the belts squeel every single time. Pisses me off sometimes. How do I take it to the dealer and tell them that the belts squeel at WOT when it shifts?

I picked mine up the 15th of June. I have already put 1200 miles on it. Feels pretty good but I am really dissapointed in the 1-2 shift. Also when it shifts the belts squeel every single time. Pisses me off sometimes. How do I take it to the dealer and tell them that the belts squeel at WOT when it shifts?

I would tell them exactly that but not to worry my VHO does the exact same thing and on a cold crisp morning like getting on the freeway I get 1-2 and 2-3 belt slip. I think it sounds great! :D

The dealer can't deny your claim because your pushing the pedal to the floor if it wasn't ment to be driven like that they would stop it sooner or have some sort of fail safe programmed in.

Archived