Article on the new SSR

Bob_the_builder

There was just an article in the newspaper on the new SSR. What I got from it was all the truck has going for it is its new look. It says its going to cost $69,995 Canadian which is really expensive for a 2 seater truck that only makes 300 HP and 331 foot-ounds of torque. The article also said that the SSR will run 0 to 96km/h in 7.6 seconds and the 1/4 mile in just 15.9. The article also said that because it is a convertable the SSR is "something of a flexyflyer" "Leg it over a bumy road and there's some serious cowl shake. Hell, the whole body quakes."

Well thats what my local newspaper had to say about the truck. I personaly like the look but i find 70,000 Canadian to much to spend on a truck that lacks in the power. Just my 2 cents.

Bob

I was originally going to get a SSR. Had the first slot at the dealership my dad used to own. But when allocations were announced, it turned out they won't get one till the 2005 model year (small dealership).

So now I'm a happy SS owner :D

• 3 weeks later...

Look what thousands of idiots paid for those Miata's (sp?) ten or twelve years ago. I heard some of those cars were going for 10 grand over invoice. Some people were actually paying it. Go figure, huh? You know what they say about a fool and his (or her) money.

Archived