HI All

COJAM

Hey thought I would say hello. So glad I found you all.

Anyway two weeks ago I was driving down the road and saw an SS. Then as luck would have it I heard at the same time the add for Chev's deal this month. Yeah I took the bait. Anyway, I was a dodge man for the last 10 years but thought it would be time to go back to my roots. My first truck was a 76 Chev with a 454. So I pulled into the closest Chevy dealer. Drove a used 05 ss they had. Loved it. We found a brand new 05 with every option about 50 miles away. Two days later my Silver SS was here.

I got it home and took it out for a run with a buddy. We came around a corner and this little 911 tried to swing out and pass me on the right. So I stuffed it. You should have seen the grins on our faces. Yeah, I had no idea this thing would be that snappy. Neither did the guy driving the 911.

I love this thing. It :D silver so it's kind of a sleeper and oh so much fun. Not as hot as black, red or blue. But I figure that might help my flay under the radar if you know what I mean.

Anyway, hello. I have arrived. What is the first mod I should make?

The best thing we've found is the custom tume from pcmforless, the link is over to the left bryan really knows how to make these trucks perform soo much better, then try a search there's ton's of stuff on this site in different threads about all the simple mod's that can sometimes add soo much to your truck.Welcome aboard..glad you found us :chevy:

Stealth = Silver Birch Metallic :)

Congratulations-you will not be disappointed

Welcome to SilveradoSS.com

Since you already have a sunroof (my first mod) I recommend a cold air intake-ppl here tend to like Outlaw CAI and Volant.

My second mod is having a slight delay-doing the Trenz polished grill kit-but the shop ordered the wrong part---tomorrow, tomorrow...

I mentioned just yesterday I want to do just minor mods-so I am today thinking: Outlaw, PCM4less, (thinking JBA) headers and a Corsa exhaust...

• 2 weeks later...
Right on.

Question? if I get it tuned will it cause prolems with emissions? Can I tune it back to stock?

You can buy a new modified PCM and keep your old one in case you ever need it. Thats what I did. Somewhere on this page are very detailed instructions on how to change it. You do not need to disconnect your battery, just make sure your ignition switch is turned off. Good luck with your new SS. I am very happy with mine. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived