trail blazer converter

Speaking of the TQ I have mine scheduled for install on Monday. The question that I have is I opened the box and looked at the TQ and it had a sticker on it that said REMFD For General Motors Corp ???

I ordered part number 24228708 is this supposed to be a reman part ??

Over the stock converter would you say it is much harder off the line?? Or so so??

well , i do have 05 fans, 160 stat ,  b&m trans cooler, zippy shift, and now the tc, so im guessing its the cali heat that i cant escape.only thing i could think of was to get a bigger tranny cooler with an e-fan on it, do they make any trans cooler with built in fans or is there a small fan i can put on my 9x11 cooler?

Another thing you could do to lower temps would be to route the trans fluid lines directly to the cooler instead of going through the coolant radiator first. :dunno: Just a thought.

I ordered part number 24228708 is this supposed to be a reman part ??

Yes it is. Just about all torque converters are reman from GM.

Cool I just wanted to verify. Monday sure does seem like a long time out. Is there a break in period that I should give this TQ or should I just drive it like it's gonna be driven?

hard launches will be fine, but any higher speed should be light throttle until you have about 15-20 miles on it. it just helps the converter clutch make a pattern and get some fluid ran through it a few times.

Chase,

Can you elaborate alittle more on day-to-day driveability of your new TC? I'm considering one but 'streetability' is my first priority. I'll be running year round in summer and winter (i.e. snow!).

Regards,

Dan

i drive it daily and i can hardly tell the difference, the only thying is when you first step on it,it doesent take off as quick unless you get on it(above 3k rpm's), but it is very streetable imo.and the launches are sweet too.

i drive it daily and i can hardly tell the difference, the only thying is when you first step on it,it doesent take off as quick unless you  get on it(above 3k rpm's), but it is very streetable imo.and the launches are sweet too.

I love it I got it back from the trans shop on Thursday and I love it. I think it is much more enjoyabel to drive around town. Truck sure doesn't feel as heavy anymore off the line. And I need to keep my mouth closed during the 1st to 2nd shift so I don't bite my tounge again.

With that said teh Zippy shift gets a big :thumbs:

But on the TQ I highly recommend it. Coming off the line just feels much better there always used to be this bit of lag on the low end, I had always wanted it to launch harder considering it was AWD it launchs harder now !!

it seems like my shifts softened up after the converrter, i hardly ever get belt slipp now.Th eonly weird thing i notice is on the 2-3 shift on part throttle the rpm goes from 2k rpm to 3 rpm right before the shift. but it just surges the truck doesent go any faster . its kind of weird maybe its tuning maybe its just the nature of the converter hoepfully someone will know what im talking about

it seems like my shifts softened up after the converrter, i hardly ever get belt slipp now.Th eonly weird thing i notice is on the 2-3 shift on part throttle the rpm goes from 2k rpm to 3 rpm right before the shift. but it just surges the truck doesent go any faster . its kind of weird maybe its tuning maybe its just the nature of the converter hoepfully someone will know what im talking about

Did you have Bryan redo your tune after you had the TQ put in? I did and I know one of the things that he did was re-adjust the shift points and such. Just my 2 cents.

Archived