CBR F4 Falls

MN C5

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nothing against your win, but did the guy on the F4 know you were racing? I have an SS and an F4i (which is just a fuel injected F4) and there is NO way the SS can beat an F4 no matter what mods you have.

03 Black SS C5R 427w/Radix SC

ASM Headers, Single Muffler Dual Exhaust

Custom RAM AIR Intake (Twelve Bucks)

Lowered w/BellTech Part #6400 Rear & 7 Turns Front

NX Wet System

Flex-A-Lite Electric Fan Kit

:cool:

MN C5 doesn't have a time posted. His race was only from 60-120. If I had to guess, I would put his truck in the very low 11s, probably in the 10s. It is a Radix-blown, stroked 427 C5R motor. So WHY is it so hard to believe?

Here's a Time Slip from my Best C5 NA run with a cruddy 60' time. The truck has the same motor with the Radix and a little bigger cam. Granted the C5 weighed in at about 2,000 lbs less :jester:

Oh, I should mention that my C5 put down more than one Suzuki Hayabusa from a stop and a roll. Needed the Nitrous to do it though :jester::chevy:

Zippy I don't think he would have gotten passed me in the Full 1/4 :nonod: From a dead stop I would have jumped him so bad he wouldn't be able to run me down. I don't think the SS would trap much above the low 120's in the quarter without Nitrous.

Spring will be here soon enough and I'm sure someone will step up to the plate :D

site1023.gif

i would deffinitly agree that you could have beaten him in the quarter, but it would be easier for a bike when you get to start from one gear and not have to start picking them. i am on your side with how fast your truck is though, it's certainly enough to take down some fast bikes. have you picked a new blower yet?

i would deffinitly agree that you could have beaten him in the quarter, but it would be easier for a bike when you get to start from one gear and not have to start picking them. i am on your side with how fast your truck is though, it's certainly enough to take down some fast bikes. have you picked a new blower yet?

No not yet Zippy.. A friend ran a 427C5R on the Engine dyno today :D It's not mine but very close to the same set up. Has a Magnason WithOut the Intercooler and with 6lbs of boost it Made 617FWHP@5600 at which point the Fuel pump failed to keep up. IAT's were pretty high w/o the intercooler.

FWTQ was over 600lbs from 25 or 26 hundred up to 4800 and only fell off to 570 something. The motor was making over 600FTLBS below 2500 but the Dyno couldn't hold it any lower :smash:

The tune wasn't right on either so it will probably end up in the 650-670FWHP range. So I'd guess my set up is in the mid 700's for HP :D But we will see what I end up with :chevy:

Archived