CBR F4 Falls

MN C5

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No not yet Zippy.. A friend ran a 427C5R on the Engine dyno today :D  It's not mine but very close to the same set up.  Has a Magnason WithOut the Intercooler and with 6lbs of boost it Made 617FWHP@5600 at which point the Fuel pump failed to keep up.  IAT's were pretty high w/o the intercooler. 

FWTQ was over 600lbs from 25 or 26 hundred up to 4800 and only fell off to 570 something.  The motor was making over 600FTLBS below 2500 but the Dyno couldn't hold it any lower :smash:

The tune wasn't right on either so it will probably end up in the 650-670FWHP range.  So I'd guess my set up is in the mid 700's for HP :D  But we will see what I end up with :chevy:

Holy Bat Sh$t Batman! :eek:

• 1 month later...

So I'd guess my set up is in the mid 700's for HP But we will see what I end up with

:thumbs::thumbs:

How did you modify the gearbox? Is it still electronic, including engine?

How is streetabillity???

I drive mine dailly and looking for 13.5 sec 1/4 mile but don't want a nervous :nono: truck all the time.

keep up the good work. :chevy:

The thing limiting stock motorcycles in the quarter, is the wheelbase and CG. They're way too wheelie happy.

I work with a guy that runs a stock motored 'busa, with a 9" slick and wheelie bars, in the mid 9's.

600's are pipey little motors. They have to be up above 8K to make good power. Liter bikes aren't as picky, but they too make all their power up high. With the ultra close ratio gearboxes in both bikes, you have to preload the shifter and crack off the throttle to shift, to get good times out of them... If anyones using the clutch (other than to feed power at the start), they're giving up a lot of time...

I've never run my current bike, but "magazine tested" best ET was 10.86... don't remember the mph.

OT:

I love twins. :D

I was dead set on getting a Ducati Monster, that weird Multistrada, or an Aprilia Tuono to replace my current 'fast bike', but i'm not too sure anymore.

My dad handed me down an old Harley of his recently. It's been in storage for about 8 years. It's an '83 Sporty 1000. 12K original miles.

The thing cracks me up. It's MAYBE making 35hp, but you can't stop it. I had my g/f on the back and never knew she was back there. The thing is like a diesel truck. Feels slow, but put a 5,000lb trailer behind it and you'll barely feel it.

It makes all kinds of (beautiful) noise, but doesn't really go anywhere. It's not obnoxious like some HD's. It's more mechanical sounding.

The tranny is like a three speed with overdrive. You have to be going over a certain speed in order to grab the next gear. It sounds like it's about to fall apart at any time. You'd swear there was a hinge on the frame when you hit a nasty bump. I'm afraid the front end is going to seperate one of these days.

This little bike is so much more fun to ride than my cookie-cutter jap bike. Must be all that chacter. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Either the guy on the F4 didn't know it was a race, or doesnt know how to ride. I bet you I could find a way to beat an SS with my old Ninja 250! BTW, there was one time when a Corvette tried to lose me while I was on my Ninja 500. No chance! If he had a ramp on the roof of his car, I could have driven over him and kept going. Don't compare a truck with a bike. :nono:

Either the guy on the F4 didn't know it was a race, or doesnt know how to ride. I bet you I could find a way to beat an SS with my old Ninja 250! BTW, there was one time when a Corvette tried to lose me while I was on my Ninja 500. No chance! If he had a ramp on the roof of his car, I could have driven over him and kept going. Don't compare a truck with a bike. :nono:

This thread keeps coming back from the dead :jester: CSmost I'm sure with you driving nothing could beat you on your 250. I compared the truck to the bike because the truck won.. oh here is your prize

Archived