Lowest advertised SS price

whmayhew

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I waited very impatiently for about 6 month to by the SS. At one point I decided to keep my 00' Silverado and spent about $4,000 on parts to make it faster (mostly because of my friends with L's) Then on my birthday I went on a test drive of the SS and bought it the same day. :thumbs: I guess 6 months of itchy feet paid off... :D Don't feel bad about paying more than others for the SS, I just happen to know people at the dealer ship and finagled a good deal. There was two other people at the dealer ship the same day looking at MY black SS. :nono: So I had to lick the door handle in front of them to keep them away. :lol: (at the time there was only 2 in the show room Blue and Black) I was told by the sales manager later that the other guy paid more than sticker price, $42,500 :crazy: for the Blue SS the same day, because he told the guy that's what I paid...sooo wrong! I guess sales had to make there commission somewhere. I later found out that the guy was the V.P. of Intel inc, so money was the last thing on his mind...

Oka, Okay.....I admit that sticker was I pulled out of my pocket (and the banks)!! If I didn't have the love for the SS as I do, I would be upset....now I am just aggrevated that I could have waited and spent less. Maybe I'm aggrevated because I haven't driven mine in 3 Months!!! Congrats to all of the money savers. :chevy::flag:

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought mine and two dealers were willing to honor the GM Supplier Discount and the $4K rebate. $31800 plus tax.

No XM or Onstar.

I would have liked the XM, how expensive is the Onstar?

Is it worth it for "truck enthusiasts"? Or is it for people who don't know

how to change a tire? Maybe being locked out would be worth it?

Don't quote me on this, but I heard the yearly subscription is $600?

A little high, no?

:wtf:

~ Brian

2003 SS

1997 BMW Dinan 328iC

I just bought mine and two dealers were willing to honor the GM Supplier Discount and the $4K rebate. $31800 plus tax.

No XM or Onstar.

I would have liked the XM, how expensive is the Onstar?

Is it worth it for "truck enthusiasts"? Or is it for people who don't know

how to change a tire? Maybe being locked out would be worth it?

Don't quote me on this, but I heard the yearly subscription is $600?

A little high, no?

:wtf:

~ Brian

2003 SS

1997 BMW Dinan 328iC

Great deal Brian, :cheers: if I could have gotten that price I would have thought about buying 2 at the same time :D

It shoulda been me

Story of my whole life, Night. The big one being Bill Gates job. That's what I wanted to do for a living (own MS) but that damn Gates guy got the job. :fume:

$34,437.10 GMS Price

- 3,000 Rebate (Expires 9/2)

- 1,000 Chevy Customer Loyalty (Expires 9/2)

- 1,000 Cash Incentive (Expires 7/31)

- 500 GM Conquest Incentive (Expires 7/31?)

Total = $28,937.10

Should I go for it?

I have to decide today, or I loose out on $1500 bucks. (Plus the tax I would have to pay 1500x.0825=123.75.)

Hmmm, that's a good point about tax 5500x.0825=453.75. That's an additional savings, almost $6,000 total.

Archived