I dont really know what happened to this SS

ChevyZr2001

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder how much they want for it now :chevy:

Somebody on here could probably go right in there and get a pretty good deal on it since you would already know the history. It's the right color too.

I HIGHLY recommend that ALL of you install locking lug nuts. Over the years I have had a number of wire wheel covers (in the olden days) - and wheels stolen from vehicles that my (leasing) company owned.

Locking lug nuts were one of the first things I got for my SS - the ones I got from Chevy parts fit perfectly - and give me at least a little more piece of mind. Our wheels are "eye candy" to the idiots and thieves of the world - - - - - and they're worth a ton of money to the "druggies".

You may spend 30 bucks on locks - but they may be the best 30 you've spent in some time ------------- :thumbs:

I HIGHLY recommend that ALL of you install locking lug nuts. Over the years I have had a number of wire wheel covers (in the olden days) - and wheels stolen from vehicles that my (leasing) company owned.

Locking lug nuts were one of the first things I got for my SS - the ones I got from Chevy parts fit perfectly - and give me at least a little more piece of mind. Our wheels are "eye candy" to the idiots and thieves of the world - - - - - and they're worth a ton of money to the "druggies".

You may spend 30 bucks on locks - but they may be the best 30 you've spent in some time ------------- :thumbs:

Good advice. I hadn't even thought of it. :thumbs:

Speaking of right color... There is a dealership in Hopewell, NJ that has an Arrival Blue, and has since you guys all started getting your trucks... He must think he can get sticker!...

-Joe

Joe,

The original truck that I ordered just came in to ROSSI GM in Washington. I ordered it loaded and they are trying to sell it for 42K. It was damaged during shipment (wheel was dented) I got the same truck less on-star for 37K plus walking away from my lease. The small dealerships love to hold on to the attention getters. :crazy:

Locking lug nuts work well to deter the thief, but if someone wants them band enough they are still going to get through those locks. From experience while out 4 wheeling a buddy of mine got a flat and had to change the tire. He did not have the lug key in the truck so we used a pair of vice grips and a small sleg hammer a busted them off. Not the studs, just the nuts…

BTW I have gorilla locks all the way around on the new wheels that I purchased and have them listed with my insurance company in case some yahoo decides to swipe them. :fume:

• 4 weeks later...

I know exactly what hapened, someone was trying to steel the wheels without any jacks, you just remove all the lugnuts and rock the truck back and forth side to side, usually you can get the wheels to just pop off and the truck drops, looks like the back wheels got cought up then the truck fell on them, get it?? at least I heard this could be done,lol.

after looking at it a bit more, i'd say theft is a deffinite possibility, but more possible would be someone had the wheels off it and didn't put the lug nuts back on. no thief is going to put the center caps back on.

Archived