408 & STS

dude you better be in at least the 13s, high low whatever, you need to get there :D

There was a boy with his 05 GT getting tuned yesterday. He swapped his gears to a 4.10 and ran a 13.2. Yesterday he just did a CAI and tune, i think he was near 380 to the wheels. He was hoping to get to the 12s with that. Nice looking car.

Dylan, i almost called you last night but didnt want your wife to get all jealous :yellow_loser:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dude you better be in at least the 13s, high low whatever, you need to get there  :D

Dylan, i almost called you last night but didnt want your wife to get all jealous  :yellow_loser:

:withstupid: HAHAHA

Yeah, when I get my tranny built (converter/servo), and have the carbon fiber driveshaft in, truck tuned, injectors, bigger fuel pump, and exhaust.... IF I DONT RUN A 13 something....

I'M LEAVING!!! LOL leaving.gif

~Brian

Haynss: What are you going to be doing about smog check? I'd love to slap a 408 in the truck down the road, but with plans on moving back to Sac/Davis, Fresno or San Jose, but I don't know what I would do about the sniffer.

Haynss:  What are you going to be doing about smog check?  I'd love to slap a 408 in the truck down the road, but with plans on moving back to Sac/Davis, Fresno or San Jose, but I don't know what I would do about the sniffer.

leave it registered where you live now.... :lol:

seriously though...

~Brian

For your tranny work id take it to jim @ ATO. He did mine and did a good job!! Highly recommend him. As for your servos, i have my billet ones sitting in my back seat of the truck if you didnt have any yet. Jim ended up putting in the vette servos.

Haynss:  What are you going to be doing about sXXX check?  I'd love to slap a 408 in the truck down the road, but with plans on moving back to Sac/Davis, Fresno or San Jose, but I don't know what I would do about the sniffer.

So the question i get all time :P

Basically right now i dont have to "learn it" for another 3-4 years. When the time comes i have a couple buddies that will teach me how to fish and then i will be able to feed myself :seeya:

Haynss:  What are you going to be doing about smog check?  I'd love to slap a 408 in the truck down the road, but with plans on moving back to Sac/Davis, Fresno or San Jose, but I don't know what I would do about the sniffer.

leave it registered where you live now.... :lol:

seriously though...

~Brian

Unfortunately, not an option... I think Arlington, VA emissions limits are about as bad as they were in Davis 2 years ago when I failed with my last truck :eek:

Haynss:  What are you going to be doing about sXXX check?  I'd love to slap a 408 in the truck down the road, but with plans on moving back to Sac/Davis, Fresno or San Jose, but I don't know what I would do about the sniffer.

So the question i get all time :P

Basically right now i dont have to "learn it" for another 3-4 years. When the time comes i have a couple buddies that will teach me how to fish and then i will be able to feed myself :seeya:

Must be nice to have such helpful friends. :thumbs:

Although now that I think about it... How does a dyno test in CA handle the AWD? Just a test in Park at two different RPMS like they do here? :dunno:

When my truck is on the dyno it isnt necessarily for power reasons, its for tuning sakes. To get a true read you'd have to go down south to LA (AWD dyno). I know there is a shop here in sac that does subarus and they said they could fit my truck but ill actually go there when im completly done with all my stuff. I'm pretty sure they will not be able to fit me though. I'd like to get a "real" dyno with the truck.

When my truck is on the dyno it isnt necessarily for power reasons, its for tuning sakes.  To get a true read you'd have to go down south to LA (AWD dyno).  I know there is a shop here in sac that does subarus and they said they could fit my truck but ill actually go there when im completly done with all my stuff.  I'm pretty sure they will not be able to fit me though.  I'd like to get a "real" dyno with the truck.

Oh, I meant the dyno smog test, but good stuff :thumbs:

I was told that the only AWD dyno in the country big enough to handle an SSS is here in the DC area, but that could be completely bogus. :dunno:

Anyway, your impresses me and sounds absolutely awesome in that video. :thumbs:

When my truck is on the dyno it isnt necessarily for power reasons, its for tuning sakes.  To get a true read you'd have to go down south to LA (AWD dyno).  I know there is a shop here in sac that does subarus and they said they could fit my truck but ill actually go there when im completly done with all my stuff.  I'm pretty sure they will not be able to fit me though.  I'd like to get a "real" dyno with the truck.

doesn't STS have their own dyno facilities? :jester:

doesn't STS have their own dyno facilities? :jester:

LOL just a matter of time before the pessimist showed up :P

Unfortunately, not an option...  I think Arlington, VA emissions limits are about as bad as they were in Davis 2 years ago when I failed with my last truck  :eek:

Since when does VA require smog check. Hampton Roads only does a visual. It's different 100 miles north?

Unfortunately, not an option...  I think Arlington, VA emissions limits are about as bad as they were in Davis 2 years ago when I failed with my last truck  :eek:

Since when does VA require smog check. Hampton Roads only does a visual. It's different 100 miles north?

Yep. Full dyno check for 2wd cars, idle & 2500 rpm check for awd. And the allowable limits are rather extreme IMO.

Thats what I get for living in a blue county near DC... :puke:

Archived