408 & STS

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 7 months later...
My 408 never got a chance to see the STS kit, so no help here.

Could the melted filter from the turbo getting to hot be caused by a lean condition?  I've seen vids of them glowing red when they are lean. Just a thought.

-nevermind, I see your AFR.

wich company makes strocker for those truck i have one 2001 silverado supercharged and i whant to put a strcker on it right now it has a the stock 5.3 vortec.....

help me with this....

I recomend either the one from scoggin dickey or slp.

but can i use LS1 parts on a vortec engine? my truck has iron block and is a 5.3 do you have any part # for the stroker kit i what a 408 or something like that the truck is superchaged it has 12pounds and what inyector zise do i need fo that?

can any one help me with this? :banghead:

but can i use LS1 parts on a vortec engine? my truck has iron block and is a 5.3 do you have any part # for the stroker kit i what a 408 or something like that the truck is superchaged it has 12pounds and what inyector zise do i need fo that?

can any one help me with this? :banghead:

Which vortec engine? What year is your truck? Vortec 5.7 - no. Vortec 4.8, 5.3, 6.0 - yes.

you lost me on what you were getting at there. as for the LS1 stuff, gen III small block stuff interchanges whether it's for a car or truck engine.

Archived