04 Silverado Extreme Mobility Package

SSilverad03

Apparently GM has designed this truck for the military and has given our guys the pleasure of testing it. We have had it for a few months now but they spend most of the time up range. This thing is one bad MOFO. I'm not gonna list all of the goody's but a few of them are: Onboard compressor which controls the rear air bags, DANA 70 diffs, the axles are custom for the central inflation system, all the suspension is one of a kind from what I was told, it has limiting straps because it was designed to jump, 6.5L turbo diesel which puts out 550 hp, and I get paid to do this.......

34315418_110708321_0.jpg

34314148_110704275_0.jpg

34314069_110704015_0.jpg

Rear suspension

I'll see if I can get some more/better pics.... :chevy:

Still has the XM with the Bose and the A/C is as good as any other Silverado. So far we have beat the F--- out of these things and the only big problems are electrical. The suspension under this thing is tough, we have jumped this truck numerous times without breaking anything.

Border Patrol could use 'em.

We already have a couple of trucks similar to those. we got them maybe four months ago. They don't carry no where near 500 hp but they seem to have the same features (guages, stance). i oh yeah, ours are gas, we only deisel vehicles we have are the Hummers.

A duramax is nearly the same as a 6.5 it's 6.6 I believe, both made by Detroit diesel and I think most parts are interchangable.

Dave

They are nothing alike. 6.5 diesel is a Detroit Diesel, but the 6.6 Duramax is an Isuzu Diesel. That is strange that they don't have the Duramax in them.

Archived