guages at night

2fastrucks

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2fast, This picture DOES NOT do it justice. I took a bunch, but cant get any to come out very well. The dash looks MUCH better. This pic actually looks so bad i shouldn't have even posted it. sorry everyone, just trying to help.

SSguage.jpg

1.JPG

Those pictures aren't all that bad, considering! Did you hand-hold the camera or was it braced/mounted?

And can someone tell me why GM insists on using the word "gage" instead of "gauge" (I know dictionaries refer to gage as an alternate spelling of gauge)? I always thought that gage was in common use for sheet metal thickness, not measuring devices.

Those pictures aren't all that bad, considering! Did you hand-hold the camera or was it braced/mounted?

And can someone tell me why GM insists on using the word "gage" instead of "gauge" (I know dictionaries refer to gage as an alternate spelling of gauge)? I always thought that gage was in common use for sheet metal thickness, not measuring devices.

Knowing GM, some bean counter figured out how much money they would save in ink by using the shorter version. :jester:

There's a fix the dealership can do, it's in this thread:

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...?showtopic=1133

#03-08-49-006 - (05/15/2003)

IP Cluster High Beam Indicator too Bright (Reprogram IPC)

2003 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe

2003 GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL

Condition

Some customers may comment that the IP cluster high beam indicator lamp is too bright.

Correction

To reduce the high beam indicator intensity level, reprogram the IPC with the service calibration that was available from Techline on the TIS2000 version 4.5 or later for 2003. This calibration is an electronic calibration and is not available from GMSPO.

There's a fix the dealership can do, it's in this thread:

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...?showtopic=1133

My dealer checked the insterment cluster computer and said my truck came with the mod. :eek: It still lights up the side of the insterment cluster at night!! Most of my night driving is on dark, back roads. Once your eyes are adjusted to the dark, it is a big shock to turn on the hi's and get blinded by the indicator!! :cry: Why can't they put the indicator on the IC light dimmer?? :sigh:

Chad

Archived