guages at night

2fastrucks

Well, I took the dash apart and put a smoke colored piece of plastic between the high beam led and the lense. :rolleyes: Can't see the mod when all is back together. ;) The light is still bright enough to be seen in the day, but it does not blind me at night anymore.

Again, Why can't they put that light on the dimmer? it just makes sense.

Chad

Pretty clever idea, thanks ;)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mwalls54, you beat me to that pic! For the longest time, I have wanted to snap a photo like that but I just haven't had the right chance too... Anyway, nice pic! :cheers:

Justin :chevy:

PS- Remeber to ALWAYS drive safely, caustiously, and alertly with both hands on the wheel at all times! :jester:

LOL, :D there is only a few people who will know what I am talking about, :uhoh: but my closed course is on the U.S. 60 from mill ave to the I-10. :thumbs: Just enough room and very smooth road surface to stretch the SS’s legs a bit and listen to the exhaust note at a steady 108mph…very… :cool:

Well, I took the dash apart and put a smoke colored piece of plastic between the high beam led and the lense.   :rolleyes: Can't see the mod when all is back together.   ;) The light is still bright enough to be seen in the day, but it does not blind me at night anymore.

Again, Why can't they put that light on the dimmer?  it just makes sense.

Chad

Not to be a smart @$$, but if you had the dash apart you should have wired it in parallel with one of the lights that was known to dim insted of putting tape over it.

Good idea, didn't think about it :P

how would you make it turn on when you just flash to pass? Not that it is a big deal.

How would you know which wire it is? :confused: I do not have a wireing diagram. :fume: If someone can come up with the wires to hook together, I will try it for all of you! :cheers:

Chad

Archived