Anybody want to race a HEMI in the Delaware area?

HemiRamOn20s

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not speaking for your truck but here is the comparison for my buddy's truck and mine. It was rather hot though.

We finally got to line up at the track two weeks ago. My buddy has a Rumble Bee 4x4. He ran a [email protected] to my [email protected] 1/4.

Rumble Bee - catback and volant

SS - catback volant and pcmforless

Not speaking for your truck but here is the comparison for my buddy's truck and mine. It was rather hot though.

We finally got to line up at the track two weeks ago. My buddy has a Rumble Bee 4x4. He ran a [email protected] to my [email protected] 1/4.

Rumble Bee - catback and volant

SS - catback volant and pcmforless

Yea but my stock HEMI ran a 15.3 stock and it has a few things done to it now... and a stock SS runs about those time. I raced one on the first day i got the truck not really knowing how to drive the truck and my front end was at his front door and i was spinning off the line and now i can hook up alot better.

Come on Delaware guys.... out of all the ones i see someone has to be a memeber on here.

This is what my g-tech pro reads... yea but im not telling what it will run...

Of course you're not - otherwise you'd be laughed off of here. I would guess that you have added some form of a power adder, but that's just a guess. I don't really think you'd be here unless you were pretty confident that you could beat a SS. Otherwise, why keep your time or mods to yourself?

Stock SSs have gone 14.x with no mods, although most do run low 15s. They do respond very well to minor mods. The Hemi doesn't have much out there for mods, comparing the two.

Your request for a "a stock or lightly modded Chevy SS," sounds vaguely familiar to another Mopar guy that had a R/T. He didn't live in DE, though.

This is what my g-tech pro reads... yea but im not telling what it will run...

Of course you're not - otherwise you'd be laughed off of here. I would guess that you have added some form of a power adder, but that's just a guess. I don't really think you'd be here unless you were pretty confident that you could beat a SS. Otherwise, why keep your time or mods to yourself?

Stock SSs have gone 14.x with no mods, although most do run low 15s. They do respond very well to minor mods. The Hemi doesn't have much out there for mods, comparing the two.

Your request for a "a stock or lightly modded Chevy SS," sounds vaguely familiar to another Mopar guy that had a R/T. He didn't live in DE, though.

I never said that i wouldnt tell you what i had for mods... It naturally aspirated no spray or boost, and the motor has not been bored out. Everything is a bolt on part.

I just want to race to see how it will run because no SS's ever want to race me... and i asked for a lightly modded SS becasue that is what mine is.

Believe me if i had the money i would have bought an SS, but i didnt so i got a cheeper version of a fast truck. Mostly everyone on here has an SS has a few $$ to spare to mod their truck. I see you have put 20K into yours. I wish i had that kind of money

You would be surprised how many SS people are not members of this site. I've quiet a few in my region and very few are members of the board. The Ss is pretty affordable with the GM discount. My 2001 Silverado LT(traded in on SS) cost as much as the SS does now :banghead:

Archived