Anybody want to race a HEMI in the Delaware area?

HemiRamOn20s

My step father has a 00 Z71 w/a 5.3 all he has is the K/N stock replacement filter, Hypertech tuning and Flowmaster muffler(not the complete system) and can loose a Hemi with the same mods and even a couple extras. And he can do it with 180k miles on his truck. Hemi's are so overrated its not funny. One magazine did a comparision with a stock AWD SS and a Hemi, the Dodge was a 2wd std cab and weighed less than the SS and lost to the SS in every catagory, both have 345hp.

Sorry can't remember the mag. sure someone else here has read it.

Yea i know the magazine it was motortrend. And the HEMI beat the SS in the Salom. And it only lost in the other categories by fractions of a point.

If i told you guys what i was running it would be no fun. And i would like to see that 5.3 beat me.

The only reason it beat it in the slalom was becauce it had a shorter wheel base which makes thru the poles easier.

If you line up a Hemi with the same mods as my stepfathers 5.3L he will take it hands down. Now you wont specify what mods you have so you may beat a 5.3L.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After driving both a Silverado 1500 (2000 & 2004) along with a 2004 Ram (4x4, qc, hemi), it is clear that the performance is similar. My good friends father owned a 2000 Silverado 1500. It was an ec, 4wd and had a k&n fipk along with a gibson exhaust. He then traded it on a left over 04. The truck is identical to the 2000 except it is lacking an exhaust. For whatever reason, the '00 felt much quicker and powerful. Comparing the Hemi equipped Ram, there is no no doubt that it would out perform the similarily equipped Silverado. While it wouldn't destroy it, it would win by a small margin. I base this only on what I have seen with the three vehicles I have listed. Regardless of what camp you belong to, the Hemi and the 5.3 are both respectable engines.

Archived