Anybody want to race a HEMI in the Delaware area?

HemiRamOn20s

My buddy has a 2004 Ram w/ a Hemi. He has JBA shorties, air intake, flowmasters, chip...

We race all the time...I have absolutely no mods, unless you consider an aftermarket grill a performance mod :wtf: Just a stock 2005 SS.

I can pull car lengths on him fooling around on the streets of Detroit. Sure his truck sounds nice, but he's pulling four wheel drive, 24 inch wheels, a cap, and he's a large guy...

Play if you want but I think you're barking up the wrong tree!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welcome  HemiRamOn20s to the site even if you do have a Dodge, that is allright I HAD one too.  I will be in the Dover DE area next week we can meet up and try it out if ya want.

My buddy has a 2004 Ram w/ a Hemi.  He has JBA shorties, air intake, flowmasters, chip...

We race all the time...I have absolutely no mods, unless you consider an aftermarket grill a performance mod  :wtf: Just a stock 2005 SS.

I can pull car lengths on him fooling around on the streets of Detroit.  Sure his truck sounds nice, but he's pulling four wheel drive, 24 inch wheels, a cap, and he's a large guy...

Play if you want but I think you're barking up the wrong tree!

Hey vanilla we should get together and race sometime I only hveheaders and flowmaster on mine .

we just beat a hemi today at the track with my boss' 5.3 4x4 and the hemi was a extended cab just like his truck only 2wd. the 5.3 was 4 tenths quicker...

5.3's are slow, my buddy Kyle has one. An 05 ext cab 4x4 with straight pipes, k$n fipk, hypertech programmer and he cant even toutch me. All of our other friends laugh at him because the last time we race i beat him by 8-10 lenghts and i gave him the patented "peace sign" as i took off.

Welcome  HemiRamOn20s to the site even if you do have a Dodge, that is allright I HAD one too.  I will be in the Dover DE area next week we can meet up and try it out if ya want.

Im up for it, i will be in dover next week...ill bring another one of my HEMI friends and we can talk trucks and race a little. Send me a Message and we can exchange phone mumbers.

i can post the timeslip if you'd like. extended cab 2wd hemi against a 4x4 extended cab 5.3L. the 5.3L ran a 15.43 to the hemi's 16.03. the hemi's best pass was a 15.8x and it was the only run it went 15's at all without using the nitrous. the 5.3 went 15.4 and backed it up with another 15.4.

5.3's are slow, my buddy Kyle has one. An 05 ext cab 4x4 with straight pipes, k$n fipk, hypertech programmer and he cant even toutch me. All of our other friends laugh at him because the last time we race i beat him by 8-10 lenghts and i gave him the patented "peace sign" as i took off.

:icon_bs:

If you're beating a 5.3 by "8-10 lengths" then you either have a hell of alot of mods or you've gotta get your eyes checked. An SS won't beat a 5.3 by more than a couple of lengths.

If you're beating a 5.3 by "8-10 lengths" then you either have a hell of alot of mods or you've gotta get your eyes checked. An SS won't beat a 5.3 by more than a couple of lengths.

Nope my vison is fine. Our other friends even confirmed it

Tell your friend that in my experience if he ditches the Hypertech and goes back to stock he will probably beat you by a couple lengths. :crackup:

Seriously, that tuning is pretty worthless other than for shift points... :puke:

Nope my vison is fine. Our other friends even confirmed it

My step father has a 00 Z71 w/a 5.3 all he has is the K/N stock replacement filter, Hypertech tuning and Flowmaster muffler(not the complete system) and can loose a Hemi with the same mods and even a couple extras. And he can do it with 180k miles on his truck. Hemi's are so overrated its not funny. One magazine did a comparision with a stock AWD SS and a Hemi, the Dodge was a 2wd std cab and weighed less than the SS and lost to the SS in every catagory, both have 345hp.

Sorry can't remember the mag. sure someone else here has read it.

Archived