Has anybody put sway bars on their SS?

Silvsteve

Steve - answer is, nobody to date on here, that has posted anything about it, that is. dcairns, our site pioneer :D , has ordered his for the rear and should be posting something soon enough about them. I believe he went with the Helwig, although not sure of the rest of the specifics.

I'm still awaiting the verdict on the Velvet Ride thingy.  :flag:

I thought I posted that, Lee. The Velvet ride does indeed reduce the bounce.

As for the rear sway bar, I have the Hellwig box hidden under my 64 Impala, waiting for a chance to sneak the installation onto the SS ;) . It is a sure bet that it will help cornering.

I'm still awaiting the verdict on the Velvet Ride thingy.   :flag:

I thought I posted that, Lee. The Velvet ride does indeed reduce the bounce.

As for the rear sway bar, I have the Hellwig box hidden under my 64 Impala, waiting for a chance to sneak the installation onto the SS ;) . It is a sure bet that it will help cornering.

Very cool. Please let us now how much the sway bar helps.

Just got a response from an e-mail I sent to hellwig:

Steve, I'm not sure if we have bars for your vehicle or not, we have not seen a 2003 Silverado SS as of yet. Is there any difference in the chassis between your vehicle and the standard 2003 Silverado 1/2 ton or are you aware of any changes. Any info you can supply me with will help and in the mean time I'll try to get one in here to test fit our standard bars. Thank You for Inquiring with Hellwig Products

How would you guys respond to his questions?

Thanks!

Before I ordered, I looked at Hellwigs website, and they had a range of anti-sway bars for 2x4, 4x4 stock and lowered trucks. For the Silverado 4x4, 2x4 and lowered 1500's, they all had the same part number 7634. I feel pretty confident that this will fit the SS.

www.hellwigproducts.com

• 4 weeks later...

I have a Belltech sway bar and it helps role a lot. Too fun to corner now. Feel like I am on rails. The only thing I don't like is that the bar sits close to the shocks on both sides. They don' seem to be rubbing but I had to push the bar away from the shock mount on the rear axle and then tighten. I had to repeat with the other side as well. It also sits too close to the brake lines for me and haven't had to time to solve this problem. Other then that, I like em.

Archived