Tried to keep up.........

TMBRWLF1997

:driving: Driving up to Miami when I get on the turnpike going North, doing approx 95mph, when I get passed by a Porshe Carrera GT like I was sitting still. Well needless to say I was by myself so I decided to try to keep up. When the guy saw me Trying to keep up, he left me. Man let me tell you I have never been driving over 100mph and get smoked like I did.

When he kicked it in the rear spoiler came up automatically. F$#%$ awesome machine. WOW :eek:

The guy was cool though he at least slowed down so he could wave at me. Then he took off again. :crackup::crackup:

I have apicture of three carrara gt's in our show room!! I will try to dig it up.

They are awesome to drive...very fast and smooth. everyting you thought about driving a clutch....forget it. that car cannot be power shifted, or on take off's you must completely remove your foot from the clutch before pushing the gas!!! that mistake will cost you 10k!!

car is carbon fiber and aluminum, the under belly is carbon fiber and is EXTREMELY expensive to replace if damaged...like 35K.

That is awsome to be able to "race" one...very rare...about 1500 in the states!!!

:D

PS: the GT2's and GT3's are sluggs campared the carrera GT!!!

that is one sweet ride. there are times when getting beat isn't so bad just to see them get on it. i got smoked on the way to woodward last weekend by a 2005 or so M3. they aren't one to pick on from about 80 up either. :crazy:

that is one sweet ride. there are times when getting beat isn't so bad just to see them get on it. i got smoked on the way to woodward last weekend by a 2005 or so M3. they aren't one to pick on from about 80 up either.

Totally agree, sometimes you just have to egg people on already knowing the outcome of you getting shut down so you can see the oher guys car in action!

We were on Woodward and raced (well kind of) a guy in a blown 502 just to see his car jump...and jump it did :eek:

Yeah I'm still spoiled from my Camaro SS days when I could run with just about anything, from a stop or at highway speeds.

Now I have to pick my spots and realize my limitations. Running fast cars at over 100 mph isn't the strong suit of a truck unfortunately. :happysad:

that is one sweet ride. there are times when getting beat isn't so bad just to see them get on it. i got smoked on the way to woodward last weekend by a 2005 or so M3. they aren't one to pick on from about 80 up either.  :crazy:

Archived