tog install

04CHASE

well i think im going to try the headers install myself, the question i have is if i just un bolt the cats and the stock manifolds, and install the headers, would it make my truck run weird or would it hurt anything to run it without the cats on ther at all, i am going to do ths becuse i cant do the collector welding , and i was plannign on driving it down to an exhaust shop to do it.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well i finally got them on, now i have a leak on the passenger side headers, ites sounds like its coming from the flange, so i waited for it to cool tightened as much as i could and its till there, any suggestions beside pulling it out again?

well i finally got them on, now i have a leak on the passenger side headers, ites sounds like its coming from the flange, so i waited for it to cool tightened as much as i could and its till there, any suggestions beside pulling it out again?

can you get me a picture of the flange on yours. i'd like a better look at the new style they gave you.

post-4973-1126894966_thumb.jpg

post-4973-1126894818_thumb.jpg

post-4973-1126894790_thumb.jpg

well i just got done pulling it and re-instaling it.Its still leaking, im heading down to tog in a few for some help.I dont understand what it could be, but will soon have an answer(hopefully) . its just so annoying spending almost 1k on these things and have them leak. I thought it could be the 02 sensor but no i tightend that again.Here are a few pics from the camera phone

well, i just got back from tog, very helpful guys.They gave me a new header , so as soon as the truck cools off im putting it on. hopefully it solves the problem, "if you cant find the problem just throw new parts at it". i think this may fix it because it is really hard to tell where the leak is coming from it may be the collector echoing in engine bay , which seem like its at the header and head.We will find out shortly!

well this figures, as soon as i get the passenger side header out, i un bolt the 02 sensor, set it down get the new header out of my truck, and discover it has the egr valve on it :cry::banghead: .Well i think hmm maybe see if its the o ring or maybe the collector bolts are to short, new o ring and throw a few waashers on each side of the collector bolts. and still tick tick ticking me right offf.I guess i have to live with this shit until monday :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Is the EGR block-off plate in the box with the header?

why would it come with an egr blcok off plate? 04 didnt have egr , and if it did i would have done that.

while you have it apart ckeck the flange to cat weld. maybe it could be leaking there :dunno:

good luck

:seeya:

it could be but i really dont think it is.

Is the EGR block-off plate in the box with the header?

why would it come with an egr blcok off plate? 04 didnt have egr , and if it did i would have done that.

Headers that come with an EGR connector that are used in vehicles that don't have EGR (TOG does sell headers with EGR to people who don't have EGR, especially if they're sold out of the non-EGR headers) will come with a small plate to bold over the hole in lieu of the EGR. Jon should have included this plate with the header, I know he has them.

Archived