New Stereo

Here are some pics from my installation. Both stereos work through a 3 way input (via toggle switch in dash). Left is input 1, center is XM, and right is input 2, currently only one input is used. My good friends at my my local stereo shop did the installation as I did not have the time. I also have 2 10" JL subs (no pics as I have not decided how to wrap the boxes). Anyway here is the pics:

From the Left:

Left1.JPG

From the Right:

Right.JPG

From the Left again:

Left2.JPG

From the Left once more:

Left3.JPG

It has a Hard drive:

HDD.JPG

The fuse under the hood, had to go with the blue wire :rolleyes:

Fuse.JPG

Unit folded down:

Folded.JPG

Unit ejected:

Ejected.JPG

Whole system:

. Whole.JPG

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it all runs throught the Bose system. It powers all the stock speakers and I have a Punch 200 on the 2 10's. And Squizz is my fav too!!!

What did the installer use to interface the Sony deck to the bose speakers?? I talked to the installer that put my punch 10’s and punch amp in and he told me that there is no interface that would allow the after market deck to power the Bose, that he knew of. :confused: He said that I would have to replace all of the Bose speakers and interface the RDS stock head unit and hide it under the console…That is such a :cool: idea to mount a new head unit in the open dash spot. Here some more :pop: for Ya…

The Sony unit just plugs into the input device, I will try to get more info, ala part #, for you. It is made by periphrial (sp?). It just plugs into the stock unit an allows for 2 additional inputs. The Sony plugs into that from its RCA outputs. The stock unit powers the whole unit with exception of the subs. They used a loc off the sub amp to go to the punch for the 10's. And the cigarette lighter is in the glove box, I usually have my radar detector plugged in, you know because I drive slow!!!! ;)

QUOTE (919 @ Jul 28 2003, 07:36 PM)

Squizz is my fav too!!! 

squizz is the best channle on the radio! or maybe boneyard

Here are the Channels that I have programmed:

1.Channel #48 (Squizz xM) this is my favorite channel! :thumbs:

2. Channel # 42 (XM liquid metal) Heaviest music around, death metal and all. The cool part about XM is it shows the current playing band and song titles. Most of the bands on this channel I have never heard of before or wish I would have heard of earlier. This is the heaviest of heavy bands. I don’t listen to this channel all the time because at stoplights people give me looks like I am Satan :devil: or something. :D

3. Channel#43 hard rock new music, up and coming bands.

4. Channel # 41 (bone yard) hard rock.

5. Channel #82 (electronica) all rave music and the best DJ’s from all around.

6. Channel #152 (Extreme XM comedy) Funniest damn station I have ever heard, all uncut, just like stand up comedy at the improve. :lol::lol:

7. Then I have various sports and talk channels programmed; there is a bunch of these so you will have to pick the ones that you can stand to listen to.

Wow, that is a pricey add on, $1,000 :crazy: !!! Pretty cool having a hard disk to store you music to, instead of a CD-changer. I wouldn't mind having something like that, if I didn't have to buy the amplifier section. I am happy with the existing stereo, just adding a hard disk music library would be neat.

Well, for the part I would be interested in, a hard disk with MP3 playing ability, a $1000 is rather expensive. You can get an I-Pod with 15 GB for $400, and it is portable.

I would not have this unit if it was not for my friends at Sound Vision. I have been friends with the owners for a long time, plus I do any networking/computer support for them. At the time it was $1500, now they have dropped the retail down. I think Alpine has an add-on unit coming out though that is around 800 retail, no tuner just hdd.

Archived