New Stereo

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Make note to self. "Dave actually worried about the cost of a new toy for his baby." This day no doubt will, like Pearl Harbor, will go down in infamy. :D

I am still in the "shock" stage, but will soon be moving to "grief," then to "acceptance." :jester:

Come on guys, give me a break... I haven't priced car stereos for more than a decade! :jester:

We understand. ;) The $1200 you dropped last week slowed you down a couple of weeks. :D You'll get back in there - we believe in you. :thumbs:

Here is one way to splice in a MP3 or HD system to the existing stereo

Sound Gate

That is exactly what I have except it is from a different company and it looks a little easier to install. I called the guys at soundvision and they said that they could order one for any of you guys and have it shipped to you, if you are interested. Just give them a call and tell them Mike with the SS said that they would hook you up.

919 what function is the stock radio on to play the HDD I'm looking into adding the alpine unit, but I thought it had to be FM modulated, and that affects sound quality abit.

It is on XM, then just flip the switch and it goes to input 1, flip it the other and it goes to input 2. I am eventually going to add a DVD system with some monitors when I take out a second mortgage ;)

They both work at the same time, but I can only hear one at a time. The toggle switch on the dash is the selector. If I am listening to XM on the stock unit, the toggle switch is in the center, If I want to listen to the sony, I leave the stock unit on XM (it has to be on XM in order for the input device to work, If it is on any other source I can flip it all day long and it will do nothing) and switch the toggle to the right. If I ever install any other device I can flip the toggle to the left to listen to that.

I am thinking of adding my modded xbox to the system when I get the screens (about a year or three from now). The cool thing about the modded xbox is I dont need to have any discs as it now has a 120GB hard drive installed instead of the 8GB stock one. Hey, I could use that as a mp3/movie player also. Man, does anyone know of a good plumber, If I could get a toilet installed, I will never have to leave the SS!!!!! :D

Right. I am just a big kid!! :D

Well...I think we all are to some point. I'm 37 and my wife compares me to my 5yr old. :D

Anyway, if you find a way to make it work for music and not playing games at 90mph, more power to you. :thumbs:

That would mostly be for the kids and I could use it as the DVD player, also not used while driving, now if they just made a navigation system for the xbox, I would be in like Flynn.

Now here is the one that I want. "Only" $500 at Crutchfields :D.

Kenwood Music Keg

KHD-C710.jpg

Cartridge Stores 10GB (Roughly 2,500 Songs)

Has a USB cradle to let you load it up at your PC.

Now they just need to put a headphone jack (like the IPod) on it and make a home stereo cradle and I can take my tunes with me anywhere.

Archived