Edelbrock Shorty Headers

slimsoftball

I am sure this has been asked in the past but I cannot find it after about an hour of reading. I am looking at getting Edelbrock Shorty Headers but I am not sure exactly which ones to get. I am definately a rookie at this so when it says things like "without A.I.R. & E.G.R" or "with A.I.R" or "without A.I.R" it makes no sense to me. Which one of these applies to my SS? The reason I am looking at these is because I have heard they are easy to install and are pretty much "bolt on". Is that really true or am I going to have to break out the welder?

well one way you can tell if your truck has an egr and air is look on the stock manafold and see if there are any extra things that bolt on to the top of them they are the egr valve and an air valve. my ss dont have either. i made the mistake a few years ago and ordered a set of edelbrock headers for for my 00 silverado that had an egr and the air i thought was air conditoning. :wtf: i had never heard of an air valve which mine ended up not having and i had to buy the headers any way guess i figured out what that "air" was the hard way....

As a matter of fact the very first thing I did was call Edelbrock. Like so many other parts for our truck, alot of places aren't sure exactly what is right for the truck.

Thanks mwalls54, I will just check out what I got under the hood and go from there.

slimsoftball

Give Arizona speed and marine (ASM) a call; they have done quite a few header installations for the SS already and can easily answer all of your questions. Then you can go with Edelbrock if you like, I personally would go with the ASM headers they are really on the ball with the R & D and installation for performance parts for the SS. :thumbs:

Arizona speed and marine...

Thanks blackhawk, Appreciate the info. I will definately give them a call and talk to them about it. I will also check out the ASM header. Really the main reason I was looking at the Edelbrock was there supposed ease of installation but I may as well get the best ones I can.

Thanks blackhawk, Appreciate the info. I will definately give them a call and talk to them about it. I will also check out the ASM header. Really the main reason I was looking at the Edelbrock was there supposed ease of installation but I may as well get the best ones I can.

Archived