i hate wahing my truck

sswolfpac

eveytime i clean my truck somethin new is there :banghead: . 8 this morning i washed my truck and well what is this, a chip in my rear rim, good one at that, new scratches , I CANT TAKE NO MORE. i take very good care of all my cars in the past, always clean inside and out, more care on the ss than any other vehicle i ever had, but this sh@@@@@t has to go, im looking for a work car, but money is tight so i have to use the ss, with all the rode work up here i just want to leave my truck at home and never use it again, anyone feel me on this one :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I hear ya. I'm looking for a job in Boston now so I can just take the T and leave the truck home; save on gas, mileage and wear and tear. Where I used to work, I was forever worrying about the truck. It was on street parking and the traffic would barrel up and down the street, sometimes two cars abreast (if one was taking a left or right). If you didn't fold in your mirrors, you'd lose them. Always some construction going on. About two months ago I noticed they were working on the street just above where my truck was parked. I could hear the jack hammers going. I wanted to move but there wasn't a space close to the office and I never park it where I can't see it. Sure enough, I went out at 5:00 and there were all little pieces of asphalt/rocks all over the tonneu cover. I was so pissed. Luckily, I was able to pick them off without scratching the car and then I got it home and hosed it down and washed it to get the rest off. All the cars on the street and mine was the only one that had that happen.

I hear ya.  Every time there is something new.  It makes me not want to wash my truck.  Last time I washed it I found a ding on the driver's side of the truck.  Definitely irks me to no end!  I hate careless people!

I know what you mean! It sucks. It's not like a SSS is the NICEST thing on the road... but c'mon, why is it that everytime I go somewhere every beat up vehicle feels the need to park next to me? The SS (as you all know) is big and it fills up every inch of most parking spaces... I'm amazed I don't have more dings. My gf has a civic that she drives to school and everyday she comes home theres a new door ding. I tried to get her to drive my other car so her's doesnt get beat up but she loves her car too much... I guess she's gonna have to love it with all the door dings. 6.0ss has a buddy that does the paintless dent repair... he's gonna retire off my gf's car!

i washed my truck not long ago after it had been dirty for some time due to the weather never holding out long enough and as soon as it was dry i had marks all over the place. I still cant figure out what the heck they came from cause there not normaly scrathes. I have to wax it real good to hide it but they show up again within the next couple of washes.

A guy, or girl, works hard for their money, then grinds out the details and buys their dream car or truck. They pamper it, spoil it with mods and accessories, then park half a mile from the door at the stores, theaters, food joints etc... only to come out and find a 1963 Pontiac Tempest with three different wheels and no glass without a crack in it parked 1/4 inch away from them!

That's called Murphy's Law. If something bad can or will happen, it's gonna happen to you!

I hate it as much as the next guy... but I fight back.

I only drive my SS on the weekends, I have a 91 Silverado SWB for a daily driver, and then I rarely park it in public. When I do, it's all by it's little lonesome, and never for long. So far it's working, no major problems.

The only gripes I have are a couple of small chips in the front bumper cover from gravel, my body shop buddies tell me to buy touch up paint and get over it! To me, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, but it can be carried too far.

I'm not gonna leave it in the garage and make the insurance payments so I guess I'll rely on lady luck and practical sense when driving it.

My SS was my first new vehicle since my 91 Silverado, and I'll have it for at least 15 years, so wish me luck on caring for it!

My best wishes go out to other SS owners who love their trucks too!

:shakehead:

i park in no mans land and walk a mile just to get in the stores, i dont like people parking close to me cause the ignorant people just open their doors and hit whatever is in their way :banghead:

I do that too, my wife hates it. She understood why when she got a giant door ding on her Acura, too many stupid inconsiderate people. Oh, and back to the subject of hating to wash the truck, the other day I washed my truck and noticed my bowtie has a crack in it

I get good exercise after choosing the parking spots I do, I wash weekly, wax by-monthly, and I still get the chips and scratches. I just got my first little bottle of touch up paint this weekend, and I'm sure I'll need to fill up the air brush once or twice before to long. Having a nice vehicle is fun, but upkeep can be a bitch when you actually use it! :banghead:

People are just rude, everyone needs to die and maybe we can start all over again. I had to run to the bike shop a couple weeks ago and I had my dads car. I left the shop and got into my car and some fat lady pulls up on my passenger side and opens her door putting it right into the front passenger door. I had the windows open and started saying you just hit my car and she just ignored me and walked away. This really pissed me off so I got out of the car and started yelling at her to come back and look what she just did and to apologize, but she just ignored me and kept walking. I got so mad that I almost kicked my shoe into her door but there was some people standing there watching, so I just got into my car and peeled out.

Gee, now I got my blood boiling again over that. :devil:

This may seem extreme to some, but I've actually taken their tag number and called the police, made a report, and had them contact the person giving the door ding.

Of course, they deny it, but I always carry my digital camera with me (work in the newspaper business) and I just so happened to have taken a picture of her car door, and my truck door where the ding was and showed it to the cop.... proving she was there at the same time I was making it harder for her to lie her way out of it.

It ended up with her offering to give me some money on the spot to repair it but that wasn't enough to fix it properly (to look like it never happened) but at least she didn't get off scott free!

:devil:

Archived