October 15th, New Hampshire Foliage CRUISE

Mervz

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Admin
where is the meeting place going to be and about what time do u plan on meeting i would love to go this trip sounds like a fun time

:driving:

That is still up in the air, but I will update everyone as soon as we figure that out.

• Admin

Just so everyone knows,

I'm slowly getting a plan of the day's events planned out here.

Some ideas include a ride on the Cannon MT Tram for some amazing views, and if there's time, a trip to Mt Washington? Not sure how much we want to pack into one day, but if there's interest, I'll look into it.

Zane

I'll give it my all to make it. Maybe a nice "Sick Day" at work is what the Doctor orderd......

If I make it, and you need a ride Mervz, I'll Hook up with you or pick you up along the way. Since I have to go through Keene to get to Concord.......

Should be fun....... :thumbs:

• Admin
I'll give it my all to make it.  Maybe a nice "Sick Day" at work is what the Doctor orderd......

If I make it, and you need a ride Mervz, I'll Hook up with you or pick you up along the way. Since I have to go through Keene to get to Concord.......

Should be fun....... :thumbs:

I appriciate the offer, but i'll be at home in Weare the night before. Plus, i've been iching to drive my Corvette again! I think i'm going to bring it along :cheers:

• Admin
I'd be willing to bet the pictures of all of our vehicles would look awesome from the top of Mt Washington.  you might want to pack a sweater cause it get's cold up there this time of year.

Actually, the more i think about it, In two weeks, who knows if it would even be open!!

It might be snowing by then... :crazy:

Anyways.. at least a trip on the Cannon MT tram would rock. I'll check into Mt Washington

• Admin

Alright, i wanted to suggest an alternative here.

I was just talking to someone who was up in the area we are talking about traveling to, and they think by Oct 15th, the foliage will be long gone. :banghead:

Now, that hasn't happened yet, but I want to plan some alternatives. Maybe staying around southern NH where the views will be better?

I want to keep the same date, as people have already started to make plans, but I'm thinking we might want to stay a little more south. :confused:

I'm going to be monitoring reports daily... so we can decide later. Best to have two plans right now I think.

• Admin
I was kind of thinking the same thing.  How about Portsmouth?  That might actually be a little easier for the people coming from farther away.

Thats possible. However, the land is so much flatter near the ocean, the foliage views will be extremely limited.

I'm still hopeful things will take a bit to change (it's supposed to be in the 80's here this week). So we may be able to go with plan one anyways! :crosses fingers:

Archived