October 15th, New Hampshire Foliage CRUISE

Mervz

• Admin

Here's my plan "A" for the cruise. If it's looking like we won't get any show at all, i'll be making up a plan "B" soon. :cheers:

foliage_cruise.jpg

-Meet in Concord, NH 10am, Oct 15th.

-Drive north on Route 93 to Cannon Mt in the Franconia Notch.

-Eat Lunch at Cannon Mt (Approx 12:15, Bring Your Own Lunch)

-Ride the Cannon Tram ($10/adult, bring very warm clothing)

-We'll then wrap up around 302 to theMouth Washington Autoroad ($18/vehicle + $7 per each addition adult)

-Wrap down around 302, down to Conway. Stopping along the route and in town is expected.

-Then we'll go on the Kangamangus highway back towards Lincon.

- We'll head back towards Concord and have dinner down there.

If you see anything that might be a bad idea, please let me know. I'm open to suggestions! :cheers:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Admin
Hey mervz, could you list some hotels in the area. Comming from CT I think I might just stay up the till sunday night, and come up friday night.

I would suggest the Marriots in Concord as the best option (maybe not the cheapest though). There is also other options and several of the cheap brands, but i'm not 100% sure (even though I was up there today :lol: )

Courtyard Concord >>

Fairfield Inn Concord >>

I'll be there. I may skip the Autoroad and just head down to North Conway. One thing, do you think maybe we should meet earlier in Concord, like 9, 10:00? It's about an hour and a half, two hours from Concord to Franconia. By the time we get up there, have lunch, ride the tram, and head down 302, it will probably be 3:00, if we meet at 11:00. None of you guys are early birds???

• Admin
I'll be there.  I may skip the Autoroad and just head down to North Conway.  One thing, do you think maybe we should meet earlier in Concord, like 9, 10:00?  It's about an hour and a half, two hours from Concord to Franconia.  By the time we get up there, have lunch, ride the tram, and head down 302, it will probably be 3:00, if we meet at 11:00.  None of you guys are early birds???

Thats fine with me! I wasn't sure what time people wanted to meet. :cheers:

Also, the autoroad is a "maybe" right now. We'll get an idea how many people want to do what.

• Admin

I think it's too early to claim a washout. But if it's going to be heavy rain, we'll decide if we are going to do anything at all.

Meeting time:

Burger King Parking Lot, Exit 13, Route 93 in Concord, NH

10AM

• Admin
So who IS going besides me and Merv?  I just finished washing the truck.  Don't know why, it's going to rain Saturday morning but it did need a bath.  Just got to wash the windows and polish the chrome.

You, myself, JF-03-SS, & kaotik1 at the very least. I think we'll have a couple more as well. :cheers:

Sorry Troops......

I'm going to have to bail out. I may still be able to go, but it will be a last minute deal. Have to work tonight, and tomorrow. I will be very tired.... (Midnights). Plus the wife did not seem too pleased about a road trip in the SS. (you see, she smokes, and I don't let her smoke in the SS) It would be a very LONG day for her......

Well, If I get fired for "Sleeping" again, or something drastic changes.... I'll be there. I'll let you know by Cell Mervz if I'm enroute.

To the rest of you.... Have fun, I look forward to meeting you all at another gathering soon (maybe spring).....

Oh yeah..... watch out for the cops..... :D

Archived