October 15th, New Hampshire Foliage CRUISE

Mervz

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Admin
so mervz, are you thinking closer to your area, up 89, over in the  weare, concord, hillsborough, sunapee range? nice country up and over there.  might still be about peak foliage season in south central NH.

Yeah, i know a perfect route up 89, down through route 4 into Bristol, over to Laconia, then down past NHIS back into Concord as a backup! :cheers:

I'm still hopeful that we'll be alright for the North Country. The NH Foliage report

http://foliage.visitnh.gov/index-flash.html

says where i'm at right now, Keene, should be at "Peak", Oct 3rd. However, here in Keene it really is "just turning". So, it seems we're around 1.5 weeks behind schedual.

If that is really the case, we'll be perfect for the 15th up north! :cheers:

Here's another suggestion: Take a ride up to Squam Lake and then we can take a boat cruise around the lake and have dinner. There's also the route (can't think of the number just off the top of my head), that goes from Squam Lake in Holderness up to Tamworth. It's a winding country road with lots of old farms and fields and nice views.

• Admin
Here's another suggestion:  Take a ride up to Squam Lake and then we can take a boat cruise around the lake and have dinner.  There's also the route (can't think of the number just off the top of my head), that goes from Squam Lake in Holderness up to Tamworth.  It's a winding country road with lots of old farms and fields and nice views.

Good idea! :cheers:

Let me know if this is something everyone wants to do. I would have to make a reservation. I think we would get a discount on the lake cruise if we're a group. The last day of cruises is the 16th so we'd be ok for the 15th (weather permitting).

I have some friends that own an inn up on the lake and they can give me an up to date foliage report.

• Admin

At the point right now, things are still pretty green around here. I can't see how in a week and a half things will go to heck.

I'd like to still think we can do the North Route. That would be the most exciting, with the best views, and the most places to stop, even if the colors are a little faded.

Am I wrong?

• Admin

Right now, i'm planning on meeting up in Concord, NH on the 15th.

The idea will be to travel north to franconia notch. Possiably ride the Cannon Tram. Also, then heading north then back east, and south into Conway. Then back to lincon via the Kangamangus highway. Then Dinner in Lincon or Concord?

Zane

• Admin
I like the route plan. I love the notch, even without the old man, and the ride down 302 should look absolutly awesome this time of year. I think dinner would depend on the time we get to n. conway.

Lets all cross our fingers and hope this works out alright! :thumbs:

Archived