waterfall in cab

usmcchevyss

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with water running down from behind the dash on the passenger side. It is looks like it is coming down behind the dash, along the door/speaker area, and down the kick panel onto the floor. I saw this once before, it seems that is only does it when it rains really really hard, and only if the truck is sitting. I have drove it in hard rain, and does not seem to leak like while I am driving

It sucks, the truck is 4 months only and I have to have rags on my floor to soak up water. :mad:

I am not sure where it is coming it, are there any drains on the firewall or doors that might need to be cleaned out? :wtf:

thanks

Bryan

well it finally stopped raining and I was able to look at the damage. It looks like the water is coming in throught the top of the door or one of the XM or onstar antenna's. It comes down the pilar, along the door and drips on the floorsome of the water even got the head liner wet and dripped down the winshield in a few spots. It went all the way onto the drivers side. :mad: I am going to head to the dealer on tuesday to have them look at it (that should be fun) :banghead:

yeah I am not too happy with the water issue, at least the rain has eased off a bit, and it is not leaking that i can see. I just spoke with the GM dealer and when I told him I had a water leak...he almost hit the floor. WEll I have to bring it in on Monday next week for them to water test it....ugh. :banghead: Guess I will be standing outside with a tarp over it to keep it dry :dunno:

Bryan

• 2 weeks later...

went and picked up the SSS today at the dealer. They fixed the problem, it was the drain hose for the moonroof that was half off, and when it would rain hard, the water would come out of the hose and hit the headliner, down the A pilar down the side of the dash and onto the floor. So they said it is fixed, and I should be good. We will see when it rains next time.

Archived