Oil Stuff

calisapo

Mobil 1 is the oil, :D that is where Ryan Newman gets his edge for all of his pole qualifying positions :jester:

Don't tell me you're a dodge fan driving a Chevy truck? Not another confused fan?! And if you root for Ryan Newman, you're a Dodge fan.

I have used Unocal 76 in all my motors. I have seen some of them pulled apart and the block is in immaculate shape. I have seen a couple blocks ripped open where other oils were used and you can see the wear. Seeing the differences, 76 is all I will put in my motors. And not to mention, if it is one of the official sponsors of Nascar, it can't be too shabby.

I will 2nd, 3rd, well whatever, for Mobile 1.

On the other hand, I don't like at all their or K&N oil filters. Allow too much through. In the "vette" community, the AC Gold filter pretty much reighns King. I haven't looked for one yet for the SS. But if one is available, thats it! :D

Cool, I just found out it takes the same as the vette! Same oil, same filter, makes it easy :cool:

The UPF-44 runs about $9.

• 3 weeks later...

One warning, after returning to the dealer for minor work and decided to have them do the first oil change and lube job. I know! I know! How could I be so stupid? :withstupid:

1.5 quarts over and only the outer tie rod ends greased (and me of course). Must have been late for a date. :wtf:

Reminds me of when I brought my '91 Silverado in for a serpentine belt and they replaced it with one from what I believe was a '56 Studebaker. Bypassed the tensioner (and cracked the alternator housing) to get it on.

Archived