first time at track

chpspecial

Well, long story short, I have now fired my tech. It didnt bother me to much that he was a procrastinator, but when he couldnt get me the parts on time and other things i just told him that i no longer need his help. The thing is i still have to live with him. Stupid brother. I ordered new parts and should be doing the rings in cylinders 1 adn 5 as soon as they come in. Since i wont be waiting on him anymore, i should have teh truck done as soon as i get the parts in.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, long story short, I have now fired my tech. It didnt bother me to much that he was a procrastinator, but when he couldnt get me the parts on time and other things i just told him that i no longer need his help. The thing is i still have to live with him. Stupid brother.  I ordered new parts and should be doing the rings in cylinders 1 adn 5 as soon as they come in.  Since i wont be waiting on him anymore, i should have teh truck done as soon as i get the parts in.

How is it coming?

Well, everything was good, no problems at all until i let the truck warm up and replaced the coolent. After monitoring the truck, everything looked good, so i gave it a little gas and raised the rpm to about 2-2500 and when i let off, i lost the oil pressure. So now i have to investigate the lack of oil pressure. I hope the oil pump didn go out. Man was i dissapointed when the low oil pressure chime came on. :banghead: Hopefull on sat i will be able to take a look at what is going on.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, the truck is running again but i have an oil leak that i can find where its coming from. oil squirts on rear coil pack on the passengers side. it gets all over the firewall and the top of the coil pack. i have checked everything and cant seem to find where the oil comes from. i think it might be the dipstick but the dipstick is dry. so everyso often the oil will hit the exhaust manifold and it will burn off, its not alot but enough to smoke going. Tomorrow i will take off the intake manifold and see if anything is loose in the back of the engine, maybe the oil pressure sensor got hit and is leaking, :dunno: so im stummped on this oil issue. other than that the truck is running like a champ. and the swaybars are awsome as well as efi live and the LC1 wideband, the sure do help out alot

Archived