first time at track

chpspecial

Ok, i was at the track again last night, i ran an 04 srt 10 ram twice and an 04 lightning  twice. as well as an ls1 camaro. the ram was stock/24 rims, the lightning had exhaust and that it. here are the times. i did a best of 8.8.  I also installed the boost controler but i dont think it is working because i could not make more than six pound of boost all night long. at lest i kept up with both the srt 10 and the lightning.

scan.jpg

:thumbs:

What were the SRT10 and Lightning doing? Going

down the track in reverse?LOL Give me a break!!

I am trying to be civil here but come on. An

SRT10 doing 10.4 in the 1/8th!! I could do around

11 seconds in my old RC SB 99 Ram w/5.2L.

Had CAI, Headers and Hi-Flow TB. Both the

Lighning and that SRT10 should be sent over a

cliff and turned into scrap metal. Either that or

the drivers of both those vehicles should be

banned from the raceways of America. Hate to

use my first post like this. I understand that

both the Ford and SRT10 were probably burning

the hides off but 10.4 seconds!!!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the second run the srt ram, did burn its hides off, so did the lightning.  its what happens when they try to hard to beat an SSS

So, what your saying is that SRT10 probably would have

ended up around 15 seconds for a 1/4 run? Strange when

drivers that know how to drive them are getting high 12's

to very low 13's. Same thing with the Lightning. Try racing

either one of them with racing slicks. That would offset

your AWD advantage.

If the owners of those truck could not get them to hook up, thats not my problem. if you noticed the first runs where the best against me, the second time the both tried a little harder and ended up runing those times. does that mean that all lightnings/srt10 run those time all of the time, no. but it is what happend. there whas pleanty of witnesses and i have them on video but i dont know how to get videos hosted.

Last night i was at the track again (chase and a buddy of his where there also) the lightning ran a best time of 9.000, chase was in the 8.9 a few times, and i ran a best of 8.777. I found my boost problem and i am now making pleanty of it :thumbs: next is going to be a TC and that shoudl really help my times.

:withstupid: If they can't drive its not CHP's fault. I don't agree with the adding slicks statment. I hate the "if" game. Well if I had this I would of one, IF I had that, IF IF IF. They just need to learn how to drive. I have a Reg cab Hemi with a open rearend and run way better 60' times than them. IF I had a locker I could beat you. :D

the ss trucks reall ydo shine in the 1/8th mile. i couldnt beleive we were actually getting attention for being fast. i did have my best 1/8th and 60 time last night

1/8 th 8.97 and 60 1.860 not horrible for bolt ons , maybe a new tune and i can keep up with chp .

hey reynaldo what was the boost issue?

I have a manual boost controller, when i first installed it, i turned but, i didnt turn it enough to get more boost. being that its manual, i didnt want to overboost the truck. Figuring that it wasnt working, last night i just cranked it up, if it wasnt working nothing would of happened, and if it over boosted i would simply turn it back. However i turned it enough to give me the boost that i wanted so no further tinkering was needed. now i boost up to 8 pounds in first gear, get a boost spike of 10 at the 1-2 shift, boost to 9# in second and get a boost spike of 11# on the 2-3 shift and boost 9# in third, just as wanted it to be. Now for a TC and EFI live to get some better tuning done

If the owners of those truck could not get them to hook up, thats not my problem.  if you noticed the first runs where the best against me, the second time the both tried a little harder and ended up runing those times. does that mean that all lightnings/srt10 run those time all of the time, no.  but it is what happend.  there whas pleanty of witnesses and i have them on video but i dont know how to get videos hosted.

Last night i was at the track again (chase and a buddy of his where there also) the lightning ran a best time of 9.000, chase was in the 8.9 a few times, and i ran a best of 8.777. I found my boost problem and i am now making pleanty of it  :thumbs:  next is going to be a TC and that shoudl really help my times.

Totally agree with what your saying. I am not denying at

all the times for the Ford and SRT10. Lame as them are.

I would say you got hooked up with the exception. Not

the rule. Heck, I know of two RC/SB Hemi Rams that

are N/A that have tracked 8.85 and 9.22 for the 1/8th

mile. The guy with the lower time has dealt with his traction

issues. Not sure on the other guy. Sounds like both the

Ford and SRT10 have serious traction issues.

I live about 10 mile from Infinion Raceway (Sonoma,Ca.)

and want to run my Ram one of these days. Right now

I just use a GTECh Pro SS. The times are very accurate

but the MPH's for the 1/8 are apx. 2 to 3 mph high. The

1/4 mile MPH's are pretty accurate. I have a 04 Hemi

Ram Sport SB/RC. Has 33" tall 20's that look good but do

hurt performance. I have 3.92's in the pumpkin. Have a

SnugLid SL on the bed but nothing else in the way of

appearence mods. Stock I ran an average of 15.09@89

on the GTech. Only mods were a MagnaFlow baffled

muffler, Airaid MIT intake with True-Flow drop-in filter.

Stock airbox is still used. I now have an AIRMAN Jet

Stream scoop (helps channel more cool air to air intake

area) and the new Superchips programmer. I just run the

programmer on 87 tuning. Not much difference (.1 in 1/4)

in performance over 91. This new programmer has done very

little for HP/TRQ gains. The huge gains are in the higher

RPM's before shifts, shift firmness and the nearly killing

of Torque Management. Results are .5 seconds off

0-60 and 1/4 mile times. New best two direction average

at 44 deg. Truck weighs 4875lbs with 1/2 tank fuel. Just

the truck.

0-60 6.0 seconds

[email protected]

Next mod will be shorter tires. Say 275/50/20 or

55/20's. Like to get that diameter down to 31".

Also like to get mid to full length headers but living

in Ca. is a pain in the &%$ due to smog testing.

The Hemi really responds well (like25hp) with better

exhaust flow.

What kind of boost are you running on your SS?

Also, ever dynoed it?

:withstupid:  If they can't drive its not CHP's fault.  I don't agree with the adding slicks statment. I hate the "if" game. Well if I had this I would of one, IF I had that, IF IF IF.  They just need to learn how to drive. I have a Reg cab Hemi with a open rearend and run way better 60' times than them. IF I had a locker I could beat you. :D

Agree, but you know as well as I do that a 10.5 1/8th

mile for a SRT10 is not a true tale of what the truck

can do. So your saying traction bars and/or slicks

aren't going to make a difference?

:withstupid:  If they can't drive its not CHP's fault.  I don't agree with the adding slicks statment. I hate the "if" game. Well if I had this I would of one, IF I had that, IF IF IF.  They just need to learn how to drive. I have a Reg cab Hemi with a open rearend and run way better 60' times than them. IF I had a locker I could beat you. :D

04hemibeast, I'm not saying it wouldn't make a difference. I'm just saying that they didn't have them when they raced so it didn't change the times that night. 9.22 thats me.

04hemibeast, I'm not saying it wouldn't make a difference. I'm just saying that they didn't have them when they raced so it didn't change the times that night. 9.22 thats me.

Can't argue with that. :cheers:

CHP, hope you are monitoring those runs somehow with bumping the boost as you are. 11 pounds of boost and not knowing what effect it is having on the truck, other than it is making it faster, is not a good thing. Get some logging software and protect your investment. If I had to guess, I would say you were probably a tad lean on your 11 pound boost times, but only one way to know for sure.

Just curious - when you were tuned, what was the max boost seen?

Other than that - keep pushing :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the STS curse finally cought up to me. My bro and I finished installing the TB TC on thursday night at around 11:45pm getting the truck ready for friday night drags at the 1/8th mile. at the track i ran the best times yet, Leaving the line at 3K and 5# of boost is awsome (is there traction bars for the front, now im having some traction issues) My best time was an 8.432 against an 02-03 supercharged mustang gt which ran a 8.310 Here is the video of the run

me vs. supercharged slutstang

Et: ... 8.432...8.310

vehicle speed: 80.04...88.47

Reac time: .638....636

60 ft. time 1.770...7.913

After this run I went for one more before i went home, when half way down the track i started hearing some wierd noises, i let off and started hearing a ticking noise. My bros coworkers said it might be a lifter, well see when we tear apart the heads tomorrow probably. the truck is also trowing a p0300 and p0307 codes. Multiple missfires and multiple missfires cylinder #7.

It sucks when you have to pay the pipper, but everyone must pay. on that note EFI live is ordered and on its way, when it gets here there probably wont be a running truck to test it on.

Archived