S-10 Shocks?

SS Option

Well I am in the process off putting new shocks on my s-10 work truck. It sags bad. I got the load carrier by gabreil (shock w/coil spring around it) . Well I cant get the shock off the bottom stud. I sqiurted w/ WD-40 but it still stuck I dont know what to do now. Any one have any tricks?

-CL

HA, I sometimes do that when I dont have to drive it to work the next day.

I got the shock off the mount but now the sleeve that goes around the mounting stud is like frozen/rusted on there. I took the torch to it but I dont want to get it to hot that it will break the stud. I put it back thegether and said the hell with it.

-CL

HA,  I sometimes do that when I dont have to drive it to work the next day. 

I got the shock off the mount but now the sleeve that goes around the mounting stud is like frozen/rusted on there.  I took the torch to it but I dont want to get it to hot that it will break the stud.  I put it back thegether and said the hell with it.

-CL

Is the stud made onto the leaf spring plate? Take your cut off wheel and split the sleeve and pry apart with a screwdriver. Presto! Later

Dave

Get the torch back out. Heat the sleeve red hot, grab it with a pair of pliers and twist the sleeve to break it loose from the mount. Then twist and pull and it should slide right off. You might need to heat it more then once if it cools off to fast or if you don't get it hot enough the first time.

Archived