Watch out for E55's

Dylan06SS

i drove a e55 and it was way fast but not 10.95 fast

my friend was on a waiting list for almost two years to get his.

are those both stock in vid?

dustyn

I have no idea... but did you drive an E55 AMG or just a regular E55... b/c the AMG is damn near 10.95 fast... I'm sure both of those cars had to be a little modded.

I thought all the '5's, like E55/SL55/CLK55/SL65 etc. were AMG, whereas the zeros like E500, SL600, etc. were straight-up Mercedes cars.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dustyn

I have no idea... but did you drive an E55 AMG or just a regular E55... b/c the AMG is damn near 10.95 fast... I'm sure both of those cars had to be a little modded.

yeah it was a e55 amg

the guy that owned it is a total performance nut

dustyn

I thought all the '5's, like E55/SL55/CLK55/SL65 etc. were AMG, whereas the zeros like E500, SL600, etc. were straight-up Mercedes cars.

:withstupid: E55 and E55 amg are the same car no difference. That one that ran high 10s is modified. They run low 12s stock. You can get some pulley upgrades for it and other stuff but its extremely expensive. One guy at work has one cost $12 grand to get a pulley swap, PCM tune and something else that was very minor. Any Mercedes model ending with a 5 C55/E55/CLS55/S55/CL55/SL55/S65/SL65/CL55 are all amg built models, with the supercharged(55) or biturbo engine(65) you can get amg appearance package on the regular Mercedes too.

A regional rep for Kleeman just brought his C55 into the shop for an oil change. C55 with SLR cams, Kleeman supercharger, Kleeman 15" brakes, and 3" exhaust. It is unbelievable. Sounds like a damn Nascar. Not had in on dyno yet but is guessed to be around 620 whp. Not bad for a German entry level car.

Wiz

• 4 weeks later...

That was a helluva close race...about as close as they get.

The Merc/AMG 55 line (E55, CLK55, S55, SL55) is pretty badass. Have you ever seen a 65 line vehicle run?

yea my Ex-girlfriends dad had a 05 e55 with the AMG kompressor...there the fastest car ive rode in..there bad ass.....they own like 30 sonics..there loaded..but shes a $%T#@ lol owell. :lol:

Archived