Grand Prix GT

Ron's SS

So, I am on a local road (50 MPH limit, 2 lanes each side) and was approaching a red light. About 1/4 mile beyond the right lane ends and merges. Well I pulled up next to an early 2000 ish Grand Prix GT (not an 04)and he is sitting about a car length back from the line with his significant other in the passenger seat. I wasn't even thinking race.

Well both sides got a left turn arrow and I was sitting there waiting. Suddenly the turn arrow goes yellow and this guy nails it. I guess he was trying to jump the green light and beat me (he must of known about the SS's launch). :driving: Well he flew about a car length past me and nailed the brakes (the opposite direction got a green light only.) :) Now this got my attention and made me laugh.

So, I didn't brake the truck or anything, just sat back at his rear bumper and waited. On the green light I was ready. A good stab of the throttle and I immediately had the gap closed and by the time we got through the intersection he was at my back bumper. HA ha. Gotta love the launch. The road is a slight incline to the merge and by the time we merged, well his headlights were way, way back. Oh, and the Ford Ranger behind me tried to keep up, but well you know how that turned out.

It made me laugh. I turned a little ways up the road and he sounded the horn in anger as he flew past (oh yeah gave me the 1 finger salute as well- classy guy, I'm sure his woman loved it...)

That is funny.. I had a little fun with a 95 or so GT last week when coming back from Hallett..

Had my friends bike in the back too. This kid was in the left lane, about 10 car lengths back from the guy in the right lane in front of him.. Ever time I would casually move over to get around him, he'd speed up to keep me boxed in. :mad:

Well finally I guess he got bored and got into the right lane.. I got up beside him and looked over.. He goosed it a bit, and I hammered it from about 65.. If I didn't know better, it looked like he jumped on the brakes I passed him so fast! :crackup:

Yeah, I know, not really a kill, but fun anyways..

Well I won't lie... I had a 2000 GT and thought it was quick too... then had the 03 GTP, made a big difference, but this truck.... ahh, so nice. I've had it 8 months and it brings a smile to my face. :chevy:

I know I shocked this guy. I ran to 65 or so and was pulling hard on him.

Archived