Vortech Max vs VHO availability

Dylan06SS

OK... thats all fine and dandy... but by that logic you should be able to build a Crewcab 2wd with the "Performance Edition" option... but you can't. What I'm getting at:

IS THERE A WAY TO GET A LQ9 POWERED 2WD CREW CAB W/O 4WD???

(dumb question time) Have you gone to the Chevy dealer and asked if they can order you a truck with the options you want? :confused:

Found this link http://media.gm.com/us/powertrain/en/produ...PWT_LQ4_LQ9.pdf

Man thats a big link, cut and paste of it says this:

Vortec MAX availability expanded to Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra

In addition to serving customers interested in high performance, the Vortec MAX will also become available in 2006 to serve those seeking the highest trailering capability in the light-duty pickup segment.

For optimum trailering, the Vortec MAX will become available in light duty four-wheel drive Silverado and Sierra extended cab standard bed and four-wheel drive crew cab short bed pickups equipped with the RPO NHT trailering package at the start of the 2006 model year. In addition to the Vortec MAX, the trailering package provides a new 9.5-inch axle and 17-inch wheels for best-in-class trailering capability of 8,700 pounds in the 4WD Extended Cab and 8,400 pounds in 4WD Crew Cab models.

Production of the Vortec MAX for two-wheel drive light duty Silverado and Sierra Extended Cab standard bed and two-wheel-drive crew cab models ordered with RPO NHT will begin in January of 2006. The package, which includes the same equipment content, enables customers to achieve best-in-class trailering capability in these segments.

Now if we read that it says yes 2WD Crew Cab with LQ9 "will" be available starting January 2006.

well, i was just up front on the gm autobook program and it will allow you to build a crew cab 2wd with LQ9. if you can build it on here, it must be available. there was no pricing available so it must be fairly new availability, but it was available.

This is off the GM online order reference guide:

Silverado Performance Edition, includes (LQ9) Engine, Vortec high-output 6000 V8 with "Vortec Max" engine cover and door badge that reads "Vortec Max", (M32) Transmission, 4-speed automatic, heavy-duty, (GT4) Rear axle, 3.73 ratio, High-Performance Suspension Package, (G80) Differential, locking, heavy-duty, rear, (NW7) Traction assist system, electronic, (KC4) Cooling, engine oil, (KNP) Cooling, external transmission oil cooler, (Z82) Trailering equipment, heavy-duty, (UK3) Sound system feature, steering wheel mounted radio controls, (QR9) Wheels, 4 - 20" x 8.5", cast aluminum, chromed, 5-spoke, (QSS) Tires, P275/55R20, touring, blackwall, (ZAN) Tire, spare P265/70R17, blackwall and 17" Wheel, steel, spare

1 - Requires CC15753 Models. - Option content within this package may not be substituted or deleted. Not available with (ZY2) Paint, two-tone, (DPN) Mirrors, outside rearview, power adjustable, heated, manual folding and extending, (B2E) Silverado Limited Edition or any (SEO) Special Equipment Options.

This package states for the "CC15753 Models" which is the 2WD Extended Cab Standard Box.

Vortec Max Performance Pack, includes (LQ9) Engine, Vortec high-output 6000 V8 with "VortecMax" engine cover and door badge that reads "Vortec Max", (M70) Transmission, 4-speed automatic, super duty, (GT5) Rear axle, 4.10 ratio (includes (GT4) Rear axle, 3.73 ratio on CC15543 models, (G80) Differential, locking, heavy-duty, rear, (ZX3) Suspension Package, Ride-Control, (KC4) Cooling, external engine oil cooler, (KNP) Cooling, external transmission oil cooler, auxiliary, and (Z82) Trailering equipment, heavy-duty

1 - Requires C*15753 or C*15543 Models. Requires (P25) Wheels, 4 - 17" x 7.5" (43.2 cm x 19.1 cm) 6-lug polished cast aluminum, (QJM) Tires, P265/70R17, on-/off-road, White outlined-letter or (QJP) Tires, P265/70R17, on-/off-road, blackwall. Option content within this package may not be substituted or deleted. - Not available with (ZY2) Paint, two-tone, (NW7) Traction assist system, electronic, (Z71) Suspension Package, Off-Road, (Z83) Supsension package, Solid Smooth Ride, (Z85) Suspension Package, Handling/Trailering or any (SEO) Special Equipment Options

This one states it is for the "C*15753 or C*15543 Models. These are the 2WD and 4WD of the extended cab standard box and the C*15543 is the 2WD and 4WD crew cab short box.

Sweet. Thanks Zippy... I thought it seemed like a logical thing to offer.

Thanks everybody else for posting links and input too!

So now that that's settled, I'm curious why you ask? Thinking about getting rid of the SS? or is this for someone else?

I think the Crewcab GM's look freakin awesome (the new Denali's for example)

• 6 months later...
I'll take a shot in the dark.

Bagged 2WD LQ9 Crew Cab

You can get the Voretc Max Pack on a 2WD 1500 Crew Cab I did.

http://www.01pewterz28.com/06%20Silverado.htm

Sorry your a little late on this one! Check the dates! Dylan now has a TBSS

Archived