Is everyone in hibernation?

a-blur-by-you

The site goes up and down all the time from what I've seen.  Re-hashing things is common place in any board that I frequent.  Personally, I like the re-hash, a low level.  Although, from one day to the next can be a pain to deal with.  What re-hash does for me is give me new ideas.  How I did something one year to my truck may not apply to how I would now, but it comes from re-hashing things up that makes me think that, or re-think how I'll do things in the future.

As far as censorship, it does become necessary on certain topics.  Although, not very often.

Re-hash? Whats that, oh by the way you guys got any ideas on cheap mods? :D

cheap mods. not really many with these trucks. :jester:

thinking of that...anyone notice that all the guys that have used STS turbo kits end up disappearing. the one's that don't disappear never really talk about any kind of track numbers, only how fast their truck feels...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The site goes up and down all the time from what I've seen.  Re-hashing things is common place in any board that I frequent.  Personally, I like the re-hash, a low level.  Although, from one day to the next can be a pain to deal with.  What re-hash does for me is give me new ideas.  How I did something one year to my truck may not apply to how I would now, but it comes from re-hashing things up that makes me think that, or re-think how I'll do things in the future.

As far as censorship, it does become necessary on certain topics.  Although, not very often.

thinking of that...anyone notice that all the guys that have used STS turbo kits end up disappearing. the one's that don't disappear never really talk about any kind of track numbers, only how fast their truck feels...

LOL I have always wondered why anyone would mount a turbo that far from the engine bay and think it will work very well. I'm not a engineer but seems to me turbo lag is bad enough with out mounting it so far back you have to look into a crystal ball to find out if your going to need boost.

I'm kind of glad to see this topic come up. This site does seem to be getting a little boring lately. Everything has been gone over to death.

I think we need more get togethers more often. Chatting on the computer is o.k., but when you meet people face to face you tend to find more to talk about. Maybe a regional meet every couple months or so. Get people together and go to a football game or auto show or just hang out at a local bar. Seems like the people that post the most have met.

Just my two-cents.

RE "Everything has been gone over to death": we hopefully will always have newbies and if we are going to foster any kind of 'brotherhood' here then yes we will be rehashing some topics from time to time. Secondly, and this is no criticism towards anyone or anything just an observation, but SilveradoSS.com is not a specialized forum, yes we talk about stereo, automotive, engines, racing, truck shows, etc but there are more hardcore forums that are centered on these topics. This forum is exactly what it says on the site header "a SS enthusiast community" keyword being "community". The reason I like this forum has less to do with the SS's and more to do with the owners.

Ram owners are not my kind of people, Lightning owners are not my kind of people, import owners are not my kind of people - Silverado SS owners ARE my kind of people, by and large we all share very similar values as people. For that reason I agree completely on the GTG comment, I love meeting and hanging out with you guys, I look forward to meeting more of you as I travel the country. Time to put more miles on the SS.

Mr. P. :)

:withstupid:

Mr P.

You said it better than I could :thumbs:

I've had an absolute blast at the GTGs, from the Indy meets to the Zippy event.

Getting to meet members from here has been a good experience. Hope to meet more of you in the coming year :cheers:

LOL I have always wondered why anyone would mount a turbo that far from the engine bay and think it will work very well. I'm not a engineer but seems to me turbo lag is bad enough with out mounting it so far back you have to look into a crystal ball to find out if your going to need boost.

is there a "good" boost making kit? honestly no..... every single kit has its flaws, and they are major. the radix i like but than again that supercharger IS the limiting factor in making power, the plant can only make so much and its not THAT much....granted its more than i need but i dont like limits. the sts is a poorly designed kit IMO cause of how far back the turbo is and it just looks like a real PITA and i think squire who build it just had an idea and ran with it and is makin money off of it....the detroit kit is (i think) the best engineered kit out of the bunch but the parts used (turbo especially) suck major! vortech cent. superchargers are amazing machines but need oil lines and im not too crazy about the intercooler.....air/air is the best IMO. and the procharger....meh...dont like the engineering....whats left? whipple sucky electornics and no intercooler or fuel delivery....... do yourselves a favor and get a 427........... (mind you these are all based on the silverado truck) best thing id do is custom fab. a twin turbo kit!!!

nick

is there a "good" boost making kit? honestly no..... every single kit has its flaws, and they are major. the radix i like but than again that supercharger IS the limiting factor in making power, the plant can only make so much and its not THAT much....granted its more than i need but i dont like limits. the sts is a poorly designed kit IMO cause of how far back the turbo is and it just looks like a real PITA and i think squire who build it just had an idea and ran with it and is makin money off of it....the detroit kit is (i think) the best engineered kit out of the bunch but the parts used (turbo especially) suck major! vortech cent. superchargers are amazing machines but need oil lines and im not too crazy about the intercooler.....air/air is the best IMO. and the procharger....meh...dont like the engineering....whats left? whipple sucky electornics and no intercooler or fuel delivery....... do yourselves a favor and get a 427........... (mind you these are all based on the silverado truck) best thing id do is custom fab. a twin turbo kit!!!

nick

:withstupid: So I'm not the only one thinking these thoughts!!!

One point about the Vortech - you need to plumb oil to a turbo as well...

nick

:withstupid: So I'm not the only one thinking these thoughts!!!

One point about the Vortech - you need to plumb oil to a turbo as well...

mister p. we need to open up a shop! lol i cant wait to open up mine! snow suspension and performance! what yah guys think?

Archived