Dynatech Headers

Holty

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They're no fun to install.... :banghead:

But worth the pain and suffering. :jester:

WW :cool:

do you have yours coated? any pics of the install? did it change your exhaust tone any? i'm hoping my exhaust will get a little louder, my magnaflow is kinda quiet.

do you have any install tips? go in from the top, or up from the bottom? did you run into any leaks? how are the supplied header gaskets?

Here a link to my thread on the install. Longtube Install

They go in from the bottom, gaskets the come with them are all good.

It's easier to unhook the O2 sensors at the main wiring harness and unbolt/bolt with the pipes off the truck.

The driver side cat is a pain to postion... It has to be 'just right'.

There's a heat shield on the side of the transmission that has to come off.

Also you'll need to back off the bolt on the steering shaft to get the header past it.

When I was torqing the bolts driverside firewall, it's easier to go from underneath to get the wrench on them, that goes for reinstalling the plugs too.

I got everthing to spec. :cheers:

I spent a couple days on it, if I can do it anyone can.

Hope this isn't too longwinded... :uhoh:

Take your time and have fun (patience).

Ohhh.... The tone got deeper, not louder... Real nice...

hey man, thanks for the info. That helps out alot. One more question. Do you not like the clamps that came with the system? why are you having it welded? does it leak at all or are you just welding it for good measure?

also, what did you use to block off the egr port on the passenger side?

They look good man, good luck with the install :thumbs: To the best of my knowledge the cats are Powercats like you said. I've seen a few different methods of keeping the spark plug wires off the driver's side primaries...from zip ties to home made brackets that bolt into the spare threaded holes in the head. Lookin forward to seeing the finished product :cool:

hey man, thanks for the info.  That helps out alot.  One more question.  Do you not like the clamps that came with the system?  why are you having it welded?  does it leak at all or are you just welding it for good measure?

also, what did you use to block off the egr port on the passenger side?

I never did get them welded, one of these days...

I just want to do it for solidarity, but the sleeve clamps are holding well, no leaks, etc..

The EGR port came with a plug in it, looks like a brass plug.

Another knuckle busting experience is the clamp at the tailpipes, it's just above the transmission cross member.

I didn't have mine coated, if I had to do it again I would which I won't.

Another issue I had was a drop of weld splattered in the threads for the 02 sensor on one of the converters.

It took some time and patience to clean it out.

I just started driving the truck again, it's been sitting the last 7-8 months.

Dropped it at the dealer today for the steering shaft issue.

Forgot how much fun it is... :jester:

Post some pics when you get them back coated.

Edit: The converters are Dynatech Powercats

• 2 weeks later...

Got the headers installed, all went very smooth, had it done in about 6hrs. The truck DEFANITELY runs better and pulls much harder throughout the ENTIRE power band. The sound under load is awesome, i love them! Highly recommend this system.

i'll have pics up tomorrow probably. :cheers:

P.S. i won't mention any names, but somebody better watch out at the track next season........ :devil:

Got the headers installed, all went very smooth, had it done in about 6hrs.  The truck DEFANITELY runs better and pulls much harder throughout the ENTIRE power band.  The sound under load is awesome, i love them!  Highly recommend this system. 

i'll have pics up tomorrow probably.  :cheers:

P.S. i won't mention any names, but somebody better watch out at the track next season........ :devil:

Wow, 6 hours. That's not too bad. I'm either doing those or TOGs for mine.

Archived