Dynatech Headers

Holty

As far as I know the flow difference between a stock cat and a "high flow cat" is very little.  On my b-body forum some actually dyno tested it and stock cats came out on top of aftermarkets.

For the most part you are right. Most aftermarket "hi-flow" cats really aren't that much of an improvement over stock cats. There are however, a few out there that are better.

Random Technologies cats flow better than a lot of mufflers even. They rate their cats to flow 500+cfm. They are the best that I know of and come with a pretty hefty pricetag.

Powercats, which by the way if you go to Dynatech's website those shown in this thread don't look like powercats, flow close to 400cfm. I would rate them as 2nd best of what is out there or what I was able to find, and you would probably notice a gain over stock cats.

Anyone know of any cats out there that flow better? I haven't searched in about 2yrs, but last I looked these were the best two.

Oh yeah, ASMs, as reffered to in the first few posts in this thread already come ceramic coated. For as much as this system is, it should come already coated also.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Punch out the cats and then your flow problems are solved.

Then you just open other problems. As it's been stated many other times it's best just to leave the cats alone because your not going to see enough of a gain to justify the other issues.

Then you just open other problems. As it's been stated many other times it's best just to leave the cats alone because your not going to see enough of a gain to justify the other issues.

There are no other issue's. What problems are you referring to? They are for emissions only. If your computer is tuned properly it will pass emissions without cats. Mine does.

There are no other issue's. What problems are you referring to? They are for emissions only. If your computer is tuned properly it will pass emissions without cats. Mine does.

You have had to go in for an emissions test already? I don't see that for some reason, it is way to new to need to be tested already but maybe different in your state :dunno: I havn't seen anyone on here who has removed their cats who hasn't regreted doing it later on.

You have had to go in for an emissions test already? I don't see that for some reason, it is way to new to need to be tested already but maybe different in your state :dunno: I havn't seen anyone on here who has removed their cats who hasn't regreted doing it later on.

every year in PA every vehicle gets tested. i passed. why would you regret taking your cats off?

every year in PA every vehicle gets tested. i passed. why would you regret taking your cats off?

I havn't and I see no reason to but I have read nothing but bad things from others who have. Besides you don't get enough of a gain to make it worth it I have heard guys are only gaining maybe 3-4hp.

finished product....

Have you been to Dynatech's website? Your cats don't look like the pics of the powercats on there. Just a FYI. I would call Dynatech to verify.

they're on, i don't even care, i'm not taking them back off. justin lamana, what did your cats look like?

I think mine might be a tad different. But like i said, there empty now. I'm 99% sure that my pipes after the cats are not pieced and welded together like yours, all one piece bent. Also, I have your ash tray/ coin holder in my car. If you want to meet up after 2 o]clock today or something let me know.

Archived