Dynatech Headers

Holty

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

now that i think about it, if they sold the ones that they call "powercats" to us, there would be no place to put the 02 sensors. the cats that came with mine, you bolt the 02's right into the cats. thats probably why the supermaxx system dosn't come with the "powercats", just regular "high flow" cats.

Punch out the cats and then your flow problems are solved.

Then you just open other problems. As it's been stated many other times it's best just to leave the cats alone because your not going to see enough of a gain to justify the other issues.

There are no other issue's. What problems are you referring to? They are for emissions only. If your computer is tuned properly it will pass emissions without cats. Mine does.

You have had to go in for an emissions test already? I don't see that for some reason, it is way to new to need to be tested already but maybe different in your state :dunno: I havn't seen anyone on here who has removed their cats who hasn't regreted doing it later on.

every year in PA every vehicle gets tested. i passed. why would you regret taking your cats off?

I havn't and I see no reason to but I have read nothing but bad things from others who have. Besides you don't get enough of a gain to make it worth it I have heard guys are only gaining maybe 3-4hp.

Same here in certain counties in Texas we have emission testing yearly. I'm sure in CA it's alot more strict, so you're probably right, Jon. Better off to leave them in place. I would just to save on the hassle.

looks verry cool. nice install.  what gain did you get, can you feel it?

Good question. But, if you've never felt a set of L/Ts after they have been installed you need to get some and feel them. A good improvement that you can "feel", not many are that way. Most you just think you feel it.

every year in PA every vehicle gets tested. i passed. why would you regret taking your cats off?

Some counties in PA do the tailpipe but most do the OBDII. If you have no codes, in the "ready" state and pass the visual safety inspection...you get a sticker. I have debated punching th cats out. I currently have aftermarket cats (can't remember what brand) but they did claim over 400cfm. Their 3" cats did over 500. I gotta look up the brand.

Archived