Thinking about GTO!

KoreySS

I'm looking at an '06 GTO in quicksilver metallic! Beautiful car. :cool: Think I can get it for ~30,000! Don't get me wrong, I love the SSS, and I'm a truck guy, but the GTO's are super nice and I want something that is real fast! :driving: I will also be saving ~ 150/ month by buying the goat!(Insurance and payment) Driven trucks all my life, time to try out a car! :devil: Don't want to lose the SS by any means, but can't afford both! :tear: Thanks in advance for any responses!

Korey :thumbs:

Well, the GTO is a pretty cool ride. It's pretty fast for its price. I'm a still disappointed with the styling, but overall its still a good muscle car. If getting the GTO will save you quite a bit of money and you don't require the pickup or awd (not sure if yours is awd) then I'd say make the trade.

Well, the GTO is a pretty cool ride.  It's pretty fast for its price.  I'm a still disappointed with the styling, but overall its still a good muscle car.  If getting the GTO will save you quite a bit of money and you don't require the pickup or awd (not sure if yours is awd) then I'd say make the trade.

Well the GTO will save me ~150/month, I dont NEED a truck(freinds, family, and work have them), I only get 2-3 bad/semi-bad snows a year so AWD isn't REQUIRED, but I am a little dissapointed in the lackluster exterior styling of the goat. God I am so on the fence about this!!!

Thanks for the replies and keep em commin'!

Korey

Me and you both brother! There is a GTO in the not so distant future for me. Only it will be replacing my car, a 2003 Dodge Stratus R/T.

Time fore more power, I found a really nice one by me with a Procharger on it and a ton of other stuff done to it. So hopefully by the time my car sells, the GTO will still be for sale.

The GTO's are nice but I doubt I would trade my SS in on one. The only thing I would trade the SS in on is a new vette :devil: . Might have to say bye-bye to the SS next year :D . I guess Icould always buy an old monte carlo SS(if I could ever find one and sell my current beater LOL). Good luck on whatever you choose. :cheers:

I drove the Monaro and the Commodore Calais when I went to Australia earlier this year. I like the platform of both, even though I think the 4-door is a little more solid and composed in corners. The Gen III LS1 was awesome especially on 98 Octane :)

Im not wild about their looks, but I love the way they drive.

VYCalais00371.jpg

VYCalais00381.jpg

VYCalais00431.jpg

Actually, driving the hot Holdens is my prime motivation to go back to Australia asap :)

Archived