My 1/4 times...finally

Krambo

all i had done to my '00 silverado with a 4.3 was a conical K&N, flowmaster 40 series, and a hypertech. before i did all that the truck was a dog and had a hole between 2500rpm-4000rpm. each of those modes made it smaller untill all three were on and it was gone. i ran it in Eping, NH and it ran 16.5 with all my belongings in it because i had moved into my house after my deployment. needless to say, i was impressed and now i have to 42g SS and its only running about a second faster. im still completly happy the SS and it will be much easier to make faster with the 8 and AWD. but, i am still thinking about the hypertech when it comes out. it should be out for a while since i wont be back to my truck and the states untill the beging of Feb.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In a perfect world, I would get plenty of track time, run with the Westers, save that program off, and then tune with the LS1Edit to see what can be done. Too bad the world isn't perfect though.

Does Westers lock the PCM after programing. Many C5 & F-body tuners lock out the PCM after the tune. :( LS1 Edit can't read it.

Krambo from really looking at your times and from what you said about your shift points you may be having the same problem I am. When Lyndon reprogramed my PCM he made a mistake and enabled Torque Management at a lower setting removing all the timing he programed in. You might want to talk to him and let him know what is going on. He can review what he did and correct it. It just seems you are shifting a to low of RPM's.

Richard, I never did hear where the new mods put you in the quarter. Especially the N2O.

If you are asking me, well, I haven't done much. I decided to wait until my converter gets installed to do the headers and exhaust, so I wont have to work around them. Only think I really have so far is LS1 edit. Although, I may have my converter installed this week, and am thinking hard about installing my cam this weekend. I almost had myself talked into a Radix, but I know I'll make more power with solid bolt ons, a cam, and nitrous. No 1/4 mile times yet. Its too hot here, and I haven't had much free time. But I can't wait. ONce all the bolt ons are done, I'll hook up the N2O.

I'm thinking about painting my bottle black to match and having the "SS" logo across the side.

Archived