SS supercharged Cobalt VS. SSS

cadillacbob22

How come thats the car you would go with ? I would have to say a wrx-sti or even...i know im not supposed to say it, and SRT-8 with one of those nice stage3 upgrades  :banghead:  :banghead: ....... Or even a Lancer EVO I think looks better and has more HPs.....cmon now !

JK

:sigh: I'm not a GM bigot. And yes the EVO deserves it's respect, a lot of it. The SRT-8 to me is not a ricer, we had a silver Charger SRT-8 at our National Finals in OKC this year and I just loved that car, very seductive. But in this class of automobile I'm thinking more the SRT-4 and that car just does not impress me. I think there is a hell of a lot of potential in the Ecotec - and I don't think that's misplaced, the Cobalt whipped their asses in its debut racing season and a Roush Cobalt just ran 243+ mph at Bonneville. Getting 800hp out of 123 cu. in. is god-damned impressive to me.

Mr. P.

:withstupid:

GM is putting alot of into the Ecotec, they have a complete perfomance section in the GM Performance catalog for it. They say it's their new 4cyl perfomance engine. The engine it replaced (Qaud 4)was also a potent little motor, they were getting 600hp outta those.

:banghead:  :banghead: Yes Yes my bad, i meant the SRT-4, i know the SRT-8 is NOT a ricer, I would love to have one of those cars.....but what about the WRX-STI Mister P ??? You think stock for stock an Sti and a CobaltSS would be close ?

JK

Oh yeah, stock-for-stock the Subaru will slap-down the Cobalt - so I am not disagreeing with you there at all. But I'll just go back to my original comment, I really like the Cobalt SS over all the others in the market, but I am not the typical buyer - when I buy a vehicle I don't think "how fast is it" rather I think "how fast can I make it". So for me (1) I do like the Cobalt SS styling, I didn't think so originally but after seeing a Corvette yellow one in person I really liked it and (2) it has a TON of aftermarket potential and I never leave well-enough alone. I look at the Cobalt SS like a toy, if I ever bought one it would be for the sole purpose of making a pavement missle out of it, like a go-cart with doors! To me anyway :D

Later -

Mr. P. :)

I thought those Subarus had a flat 6 cyl? I dunno, but stock for stock it would probably win, but a Supercharged Cobalt SS costs $21,000 , how much is that Subaru? Give me the difference to put into the Cobalt and we'll race!! Later

Dave

I dunno, but stock for stock it would probably win, but a Supercharged Cobalt SS costs $21,000 , how much is that Subaru? Give me the difference to put into the Cobalt and we'll race!! Later

The excuse of "well give me the difference......." is so over-played and worn out already. People need to think of a new one. In the real world, the majority of people who drop $21K on a vehicle will not be able to spend thousands more in modifications. If they could, chances are they would have purchased the more expensive vehicle.

I dunno, but stock for stock it would probably win, but a Supercharged Cobalt SS costs $21,000 , how much is that Subaru? Give me the difference to put into the Cobalt and we'll race!! Later

The excuse of "well give me the difference......." is so over-played and worn out already. People need to think of a new one. In the real world, the majority of people who drop $21K on a vehicle will not be able to spend thousands more in modifications. If they could, chances are they would have purchased the more expensive vehicle.

I would say not neccesarily, I would not even consider buying a foreign car, EVER. I don't care how much money I have. I could have bought a much faster car/truck than the SS. It's all about what I like. I know I'll never convince someone who's in love with Subarus or Hondas otherwise but I've ridden in them, and yeah they're fast. Who cares....If it isn't a Chevy or GM at least than it isn't $hit as far as I'm concerned. I know quite a few people who are very well off and they don't drive beamers or Mercedes but rather Chevys and Fords and the like. I'm not trying to sound like I'm mad here just expressing my opinion and I respect yours. I am just sick of all the hype those Subarus get and they are butt ugly. Later

Dave

Hope you don't want a new SRT-4, cause that car is dead.. awefully short life span in my mind... The STI would kill the Cobalt, no doubt... but I would join Mr. P's church also when given a choice....  :chevy:

Are you serious ? Why would Dodge kill the prod already? Granted it was a dodge, and it was very ugly....for as fast as it was and the price it gave kids, and adults a killer fast car who normally could not afford it...i mean cmon, 13.6 out the box for 18,900 is great no matter how you look at it.....I just wish I liked ricers

JK

Hope you don't want a new SRT-4, cause that car is dead.. awefully short life span in my mind... The STI would kill the Cobalt, no doubt... but I would join Mr. P's church also when given a choice....  :chevy:

Are you serious ? Why would Dodge kill the prod already? Granted it was a dodge, and it was very ugly....for as fast as it was and the price it gave kids, and adults a killer fast car who normally could not afford it...i mean cmon, 13.6 out the box for 18,900 is great no matter how you look at it.....I just wish I liked ricers

JK

I was shocked too... I can't stand the look of the car but it is quick as can be for the price... It was in a Car and Driver about 3-4 months ago... they list all what's new and what's gone and that one sparked my attention... there is a article next to it talking about Dodge's new replacement. I forget the name off hand but it was a 4 banger with a Turbo, fed by a Supercharger... I'm no mopar fan really (except the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8) but having both the Supercharger for down low and the Turbo for up top is pretty cool...

Ron

Archived