Emergency hood release option

a-blur-by-you

So I got her shaved :D .....pics will follow shortly. I have ordered a emergency hood release cable to be mounted outside the truck somewhere?? This cable can also be used for an emergency door release...but prefer it for the hood in the case the battery goes dead because then, I'd be screwed :ughdance:

Any ideas were I can mount this at? The handle at the end of the cable is the size of a cigarette lighter.

I'd say hide it somewhere inside a frame rail? I wouldn't want it to be too accessable, like just stooping down and feeling around...

My hope would be that I wouldn't ever have to use it, but I wouldn't want just anyone to be able to find it either.

EDIT: Oh and by the way, hurry up with those pics! :jester:

I'd say hide it somewhere inside a frame rail?  I wouldn't want it to be too accessable, like just stooping down and feeling around...

My hope would be that I wouldn't ever have to use it, but I wouldn't want just anyone to be able to find it either.

Sorry Tim, I disagree; if someone wants your truck that bad they'll just bust the upper grill piece out, reach in, and pop the hood loose; or bust out the driver's window and grab for the dash-mounted release handle. I had several friends that chained/padlocked their hood shut to keep theives from stealing engine parts, that works! But I say put it where it's convenient - like mounted atop the frame rail on the driver's side just ahead of the tire, so you can reach in to the wheel-well (in front of the tire) and pull on the knob.

Mr. P.

What would be funny is to get the plastic dash handle/mechanism off a wrecked Silverado and mount it in the wheel well!

I'm not sure if you have a rollpan or not but if you don't what about taking the spare tire lock out and mounting the release behind that little panel.  No one would ever look there.

great idea :driving:

haha damn right good idea that's gonna be sick if you can make it work, where's my pat on the back smiley?

Archived