Raced a Supercharged Silverado 5.3

HemiRamOn20s

Well first off I have an 04 Hemi 2wd QC. I have AEM intake, Magnaflow exhaust, headers, cutout, and Hypertech programmer. Well fri night I was going to the movies with my girl and another couple and I went past a silverado on 20's at a light and he immedieatly cuts out of the lane in behind me. Well his first opportunity he pulls up beside me. And at the next light my friend was trying to take a picture of his truck and we got to talking. He said nice truck and i complimented his too. Then the light turns green and we start rolling. He punches it from a roll at about 20 and by 70 we are dead even. So I knew he had something done to it plus I had 2 more people in my truck than he did. At the next light he askes if it really has a hemi and I said yea and then asked me what I had done and I said what I had. I asked him and he just said exhaust. Well we go our seperate ways. The next day my girlfriend pulls up to wawa and see this guy in the truck with his wife and kid. Asks him to pop the hood to see what its got under there. He starts going on about intake, exhaust, supercharger....etc. My girls snaps a few pics for me and calls me and is like guess what. Well she told the guy that next time we line up it wont be so nice, after she tells him that it was her that raced him. LOL. Too funny. So what do these trucks run? I know next time I race him it wont be so pretty. Expecially after I open up the cutout to reek the full benefits of my headers. And change the shift points on my programmer, they are stock since I just got it back from the shop after my tranny took a dump at 27k. So any input is appreciated. And no bashing either.

just like you run into in the dodge world. i was at the track last year and there was an exteded cab 4x4 there with stickers on it saying 465hp (or something like that) and man was he showing off his procharger. his best pass btw, 14.7. some people just have no clue what they're doing.

did he have a belt on the supercharger?

I dont know I havent seen the pictures yet. Im back at school in newark, my girl lives in dover. I went back to school yesterday and my girl is computer illeterate and doesnt know how to send me the pics. She doesnt even know what a S/C is. But once I see them i will let you know. It was an ex. cab. 99-02 model. champain color, lowered with chrome 20's or 22's and all i saw that it had a single exhaust that was pretty loud that exited in the stock location. I know you live in delaware. You know this guy? I know I will see him around again. He lives around Camden/dover....

just like you run into in the dodge world. i was at the track last year and there was an exteded cab 4x4 there with stickers on it saying 465hp (or something like that) and man was he showing off his procharger. his best pass btw, 14.7. some people just have no clue what they're doing.

Yea some ppl just dont know how to drive. But I think he did, he was older. and when he mashed it at 20 he broke his back tires loose

And here I was just out there last week, But I flew left the VHO home. I know what my x cab runs on horsepower. I can't wait to line up against some hemi's

But in respect to the 5.3

Are you sure it was a 5.3 and not a 4.8?

The other real common problem they have is in the tuning. You can bolt on every summit and jeg's b.s. part under the sun and have a pooch.

But once you get a good tune it's like waking up a sleeping monster if you pick the right parts.

Just tuning a stock truck I have had very impressive results.

And here I was just out there last week, But I flew left the VHO home. I know what my x cab runs on horsepower. I can't wait to line up against some hemi's

The other real common problem they have is in the tuning. You can bolt on every summit and jeg's b.s. part under the sun and have a pooch.

But once you get a good tune it's like waking up a sleeping monster if you pick the right parts.

Well, what will your truck run on motor?? My times are in my sig.

I am having issues getting this damn window to stay open. I am not supposed to be on the forum according to the yoo hoo network guy at the building I am working on right now.

with a camper top 600 lbs of tools in the bed on the 20's after towing a 6500 lb trailer to the track with a hot trans.. no cool down 14.8 at 98

The truck has alot more in it but that was a real mild tune and the trans was super hot from towing. I have not gotten a chance to get back to the track with it since. I forsee with tuning and maybe a cold air intake a 14.3 or faster. It has a ton of potential but it's pretty darn stock right now.

He could of had the 4.8. I will know for sure when I get to see the pics, or I see him in a few weeks when I go home. I know I will see this guy around again.

Anybody seen wezarrSS&R1. I tried contacting him while I was home over winter break. He didnt get shipped over seas did he?

Archived