Are you truck crazy?

Just wondering how many times a week ya'll wash your vehicles a week...  

262 members have voted

1. 1. Just wondering how many times a week ya'll wash your vehicles a week...

• Wash? What's that?
    • Once
    • Twice
    • Three
    • Four
    • Five
    • Six
    • I've got issues!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pointless to wash it up here in the northeast, it gets filthy again within minutes, not to mention the frostbite youd get on your hands if you even tried. :sigh:

yea-but w/ a black truck it is worth bright red hands that sting a little.

I washed yesterday, and used the duster today, and I will need a wash if it rains this weekend...

I use washing as a relaxation technique...wax on wax off daniel son. I try to keep it clean as loong as it is above freezing and depending how much the weather gets her back dirty...black cars are work, but I think it is the best color(different arguement :jester: )

Griots garage sells a nice wash mitt that has a rubber glove sewn inside. Its great for washing in the cold because the rubber keeps your hand from getting wet and cold

Once a week in winter if it's nice or not out (just to kill the progress of the salt monsters), way more often in summer. In summer I also use the Cali car duster nearly every day after I pull into the parking lot unless there's bugs on the front end... then it gets a wash. As long as it's kept basically clean and waxed, I can do a really quick soap on rinse off job for under $3.00 each time. That's what I get for having a car wash in the parking lot right next to my office! :cool:

With the weather we've been having it seems like it's already dirty by the very next day. I just get it detailed really good every few months and don't bother with washing it as much. A wash every couple weeks is good. :D

P.S. Apartment living doesn't help the wash factor. Hopefully, a house is in the new future.

I m gald I read this. Now I don t feel so alone. I wash mine at least once a week no matter what the weather. I ve even washed in the rain and then pulled in garage to dry. Snow? No problem, long as it s above 32 I wash. Fill the bucket with warm water. In my new house I had them put hot and cold on the garage hose so I can regulate the temp...

Yeah, no joke! My neighbors always smile and shake their heads and say "If you drove a real truck, you wouldn't have to wash that damn thing so much!"

And i reply, "yeah, and thats why your dodge looks like that... Oh wait, ugliness came stock from the factory.." :D

Everyone else thinks i have OCD or something... I tell em i just love my truck a lot :chevy:

June, I wash it in June. Usually during the second week.

Thats when all the salt finally gets off the roads here in Western PA.

:cry:

Doesnt help that I drive 1 1/2 miles of dirt road into work every day either.

Archived