Are you truck crazy?

Just wondering how many times a week ya'll wash your vehicles a week...  

262 members have voted

1. 1. Just wondering how many times a week ya'll wash your vehicles a week...

• Wash? What's that?
    • Once
    • Twice
    • Three
    • Four
    • Five
    • Six
    • I've got issues!

Hell I wash mine at least once a week depending on what im doing and how busy i am. I wax it once a week to so to say the least im nuts. My parents and siblings keep telling my im gonna wear down the paint LOL.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wash it at least once a week in the warmer months. In the winter, it may go for a few weeks because of crappy weather. It's my daily driver which makes it harder to keep the black clean.

I try to do mine once a week. I agree with some of the others that black is tougher to keep clean (and looks best when it is! :thumbs: ), but when it's your daily driver, and you have 3 hours of daily commuting (on a train, not in the truck), there's not enough time to clean and wax as often as you would like. The truck looks good as often as I do it. I envy the guys who have the time to really pamper their vehicle. :chevy:

• 1 month later...
Hey Is it just me or is it very relaxing when you wash your truck and people comment on how nice it is and then you go for a cruise and you know people are looking at your truck and just stare. I think its the best feeling ever well at least the best feeling that can't get you into trouble.

It is ... very relaxing.

twice a month here ... Autobell makes it easy ... :cool:

once a year full exterior treatment ... wash, clearcoat cleaner, clearcoat prep, claybar, wax, wax, wax (zymol)

quarterly interior ... vacuum, leather conditioner, armor all, all glass, q-tips in the vents, etc.

• 1 month later...
O.K. Here is one for you.

I just did my spring cleaning on my truck. I got a soft bursh and a bucket of soapy water and the hose, slid under the truck and scrubbed the undercarriage. Drive shaft, oil pan, exhaust, suspension components rear diff etc. I then steamed the engine. I hosed it off and then went to the outside with dawn and a sponge. Washed the exterior with the Mr Clean auto dry. Waxed / polished with Eagle 1 nano and buffer, polished the wheels windows etc. Finished her off with tire dressing and plastic dressing on all the fenderwells, calipers underhood etc.

Took me 2 days but the results are stunning. I do this once a year. I typically only drive it 250 miles a month and rarely in the winter now. The interior is this weekend :ughdance:

I typically wash once a month and wax every other in the summer. A dust brush is all I need between washings.

HAHA so glad I am not the only one. I have spent more than 4 hours on my back cleaning under my truck before, soft brissel brush, then quick detailer and a cloth. Then lastly taking steel polishing wool to the exhaust outside and as far inside as I can reach. I was the truck 3 times a week and give it a full detail twice a month (I don't get underneath anymore with my bad back though). Only thing I'v never done is Claybar...I never even see anyone that sells them around here. I purchased some liquid claybar last night but I doubt it is as good. I'm having trouble finding a good wheel cleaner now. I used the last of my wheel cleaner I had stocked up on and they dont sell it anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Mine gets wiped done at least every other day if not each day with a California Duster. Then I use last Touch detail spray to clean it up. If it does rain it usually gets cleaned the very next day. Everything from the paint to the wheel wells. My wife thinks I am nuts as do my neighbors. I even carry a microfiber towel in the truck just in case. :crazy:

i wish i could wash mine more, but being in college, living in a dorm, makes it very hard to wash it. i used to go to those drive up wash it your self car washes but i was told to stop that because the brush scratches the clear-coat. so, my truck is pretty dirty

• 1 month later...

Archived