The home phone

zippy

I still have a land line for a couple of reasons:

1) all of my customers have my cell number so if it was my home phone too I wouldn't be able to shut it off at night and still get my personal calls.

2) DSL - still using verizon for my DSL

3) TiVo - the HR10-250 DVR's require an occaional update via the phone so I gotta have it for that too.

I am phone poor (poor because of my phone bills):

Land line for: phone (no cell service at my home in the woods), fax, DSL, DirecTV

Cell: his and hers hand helds and his and hers OnStar personal calling.

Hey, everyone needs a lan line...support your local phone guy! Don't bother with Internet Protocol phones...ie Time Warner. If you have no power, no phone. Also a FAX won't work with them, and you can only get one line. As a phone guy I had to put that out there. :P Later

Dave

Hey, everyone needs a lan line...support your local phone guy! Don't bother with Internet Protocol phones...ie Time Warner. If you have no power, no phone. Also a FAX won't work with them, and you can only get one line. As a phone guy I had to put that out there. :P  Later

Dave

actually I bet that isn't right...i have the IP phone from cox and the modem that it came with has battery power in case of power outtages......surely anyone else offering the service has the same??

Archived