New Magnuson Supercharger :)

moregrip

the radix uses a modified 112.

Link

what your calling the modified 112 is the Radix or 5th gen

exactly. the way i understood it is that the radix kit includes a gen v unit which is basicly a 112 with some changes made to the design to suit magnuson's requirements for the radix kit. if i recall correctly the gen v is quite a bit better than the standard 112 even though it's based on the 112.

Right on the money! Even though the rotor groups are the same, Magnuson makes its power with a superior housing design, paying special attention to airflow and harmonics.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ah.....so it's insider speak for "hella big"  or some other version of that.  :D

hella yeah it is :cheers::jester:

think about it a little bit, who knows you may figure it out :thumbs:

it is certainly cool shit

Ok it's been a week, so when is this new "High Output" beast of a blower 90mm TB "kit" coming out? :D

• 4 weeks later...
I'm liking the fact I'm not the only weirdo running 10.8:1 CR and a blower LOL

It keeps things very responsive and with a radix it works well since they are for low boost.

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW, I called to see if I could buy one and was told its more than 9 months away from being released. The guy I talked to said they had a few beta units around but the engineering wasn't finalized for production.

Dennis

Im sure ill catch some flack for this, but the more I look at the numbers on this combo, the less im impressed. Yeah I know it put 760hp (and could probably get a little more), but 10.8:1Cr, 9.5lbs of boost and a speed density tune it could be alot higher IMO. Ive seen these motors put down 630 NA. :dunno: JMO.

Im sure ill catch some flack for this, but the more I look at the numbers on this combo, the less im impressed.  Yeah I know it put 760hp (and could probably get a little more), but 10.8:1Cr, 9.5lbs of boost and a speed density tune it could be alot higher IMO.  Ive seen these motors put down 630 NA. :dunno:   JMO.

It's a high compression/low boost setup, similar to what most of us LQ9'ers are running with MP112's. Just more cubes and more blower to accommodate.

I suspect that if CR were lowered to 9:1 and boost could be kicked up to 12-15 PSI you would see some really healthy numbers. Not sure what this MP122 is fully capable of on a big cube motor, though. 100 octane should allow for some fairly aggressive CR/boost/timing combos. Better off tuning for 93 for the street IMHO.

Don't get me wrong, I'd take the 760 horses and awesome off-boost throttle response this setup probably offers. :chevy:

Im sure ill catch some flack for this, but the more I look at the numbers on this combo, the less im impressed.  Yeah I know it put 760hp (and could probably get a little more), but 10.8:1Cr, 9.5lbs of boost and a speed density tune it could be alot higher IMO.  Ive seen these motors put down 630 NA. :dunno:  JMO.

I'll have to disagree with you again. Most motors of this size and setup do not often put out the kind of #s you state. I know more than a few 408-426 combos out there in F-bods and C5s and they dont put out anywhere near 630rwhp N/A on average unless they are completely tricked out for race duty and its obvious this particular motor is not. It was not even specifically built for this application.

The average 408ci motor in an F-bod usually puts down 470-550rwhp. 630rwhp is a bit of a stretch IMO. Its kinda like when Raughhammer ran mid 11s in his stock motored Camaro so every yahoo in the country thought their car should be able to do the same. What they didnt realzie is that he had plenty of tricks to run the number yet appear stock.

Im sure ill catch some flack for this, but the more I look at the numbers on this combo, the less im impressed.  Yeah I know it put 760hp (and could probably get a little more), but 10.8:1Cr, 9.5lbs of boost and a speed density tune it could be alot higher IMO.  Ive seen these motors put down 630 NA. :dunno:   JMO.

I'll have to disagree with you again. Most motors of this size and setup do not often put out the kind of #s you state. I know more than a few 408-426 combos out there in F-bods and C5s and they dont put out anywhere near 630rwhp N/A on average unless they are completely tricked out for race duty and its obvious this particular motor is not. It was not even specifically built for this application.

The average 408ci motor in an F-bod usually puts down 470-550rwhp. 630rwhp is a bit of a stretch IMO. Its kinda like when Raughhammer ran mid 11s in his stock motored Camaro so every yahoo in the country thought their car should be able to do the same. What they didnt realzie is that he had plenty of tricks to run the number yet appear stock.

When did I ever say to the rear wheels? You must have assumed that. :dunno:

The blown 402 put 760fwhp, that's what I was comparing to. I just dont think 760 is that much considering the amount of boost and the CR. :dunno:

EDIT: I also wasn't talking about a full blown race motor, ive seen simular setups to the one with the magnacharger (NA) that where dynod well over 600.

I could be wrong though, maybe the blower wasn't maxed to its full potential.

Yeah I know it put 760hp (and could probably get a little more)

Remember this was the very first test, they were no where near maxing the 122 out. No where near creating a final product in terms of housing design.

I'm sure when the details are released you will be impressed. I know I was/am.

Yeah I know it put 760hp (and could probably get a little more)

Remember this was the very first test, they were no where near maxing the 122 out. No where near creating a final product in terms of housing design.

I'm sure when the details are released you will be impressed. I know I was/am.

Yeah you could be right. :dunno:

Archived